Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mixer

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    can you devulge this "seller"?
    Some consider it offensive, so I will just post an auction. I got a green that I am not sure was producint 100mW like it was supposed to, but my 50mW blue it spittin out at least 60mW last mesure, 75 or so there for a while. Damn, Adam was just here I meant to measure them all real quick...

I thought I read somewhere you want to come in from the left... I'm dislexic sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I thought I read somewhere you want to come in from the left... I'm dislexic sometimes too.
    It all depends on how your scanner mounting block is set up. But yeah, either way will work.

I think your alignment problems are due to your optical table design. After I left your place last night I started thinking about that. How hard would it be to re-mount everything on the large, heavy plate you got from Fred? That sucker won't move! You'd have to add a couple mirrors to allow you to adjust the height of the beams so they're all equal, but I think in the long run you'd be better off.

We'll have a look at it at FLEM, and if it's worth doing, maybe that can be a winter project...

Adam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    ...I will just post an auction.
    Dammit man, that was a 100mW not a 50mW like mine... "aseras( 3 )"... nice score for about $100 more than I paid for my 50mW... I'd email the seller and mention you are a member here. Seemed to quicken his pace and probably got me a better unit than if I hadn't...

Adam,

What do you mean alignment problems? My alignment is great (the picture is supposed to show that. It does, right?), I just have to readjust on occation. I think that is due to the hot glue I have attaching my dichros and the floating board may cause a little due to the spring floating mechanism. I really like having the lasers on that cause I can un attach it and pull it out instead of trying to work on them inside the case. If I take em off the lil board, I could attach them directly to the base of the enclosure, it is holed and tapped.

Cool

If you don't mind having to re-align it every now and then, that's cool. I thought you were complaining about how the floating table bounces around too much when you transport it though. (I don't have to re-align my projector when I transport it.)

I agree that the springs under the table are the cause of your problem. But if you want to keep it like it is so you can pull the whole table out, that's cool. Maybe I missunderstood what you were saying the other day when we talked about that optical plate at your house.

Adam

Whatareyall.. neighbors or sumptin??

Cool

Heh.. At the moment we are!

I'm in Florida for the week. Doing a bunch of yard work at my Mom's place. Aaron lives like 6 miles from here, so I stopped in at his place on the way down. (That's also why I'm able to post while I'm in Florida... Aaron let me borrow a Sprint Air Card, so I've got Internet access! Woot!) I'll be here through the weekend. (FLEM 1.5 is on Saturday...)

Adam

Damn.. All my family is in Fla.. wish i could be there.. Ft Pierce, Orlando, Stuart, Deland, Ocala.. any of those sound familiar?

Lightbulb

I live just west of Deland, an hour or so south of Ocala, and work in Orlando...

My old stompin' grounds.. sorta.. more southeast like towards west palm beach except 45 min north on I95.. kinda 20 min south of Vero..

I miss A1A..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post

I miss A1A..
    BiketOberfest here soon, in Daytona. I will smoke the back tire on A1A for you when I go.