Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marconi MIA.....?

Default Marconi MIA.....?

Anyone heard from Marconi lately?
    He seems to have disappeared off the e-mail / PM answer grid.

I hope all goes well with the king of duals!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Lightbulb

I got a reply from him on 09/23 to a PM... He is too busy playin with that astronomy thingy...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I believe he's still recovering from an operation. He also told me that he's been quite busy lately. Sometimes a heavy work load + recovery doesn't work too well. I'm sure he'll be back better than ever in due course.

Cheers

Jem

Lightbulb

He ain't workin hard... Maxy does all the work anyway... He is sitting on his couch, playing with this thing. His profile says he was on yesterday also.

Hmm..

I hope he is here soon
    As I need 2 more powerful red modules...

He's had back surgery- he may be out for a while.

I know I have nothing to worry about, but I'm getting a bit lonely without my dual setup. I really need that to have my projector work!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I too am chomping at the bit for a Maxyz red that I "won" on ebay 9/16. I can cut the dude some slack but it would be nice to get a status update. If I had a star projector and some good pain meds I'd probably be MIA for a while too.
    -Mike

Cool

Guys, Marconi is FLAT ON HIS BACK. He isn't doing anything with the Maxyz modules at the moment. He isn't working at all. (And contrary to popular belief, both Maxine and Chuch work on the modules; they each do different things though.)

I spoke with him a few days ago, and he wasn't doing all that well. Lots of pain medicine, lots of pain, and very weak. He basically spends his entire time on the couch, getting up only to use the bathroom. Yeah, he's got that new star projector thingy, but lying down all day long gets mighty booring even if you do have a nice toy that makes pretty pictures on the ceiling for you...

Chuck said that his first priority was to complete the orders that have already come in. But I seriously doubt that anything is going to get done re: the modules until he can get up and move around normally himself.

Personally, I'm willing to cut the guy a bit of slack. Back surgery is pretty serious, and the recovery period is bound to be long and drawn out...

Adam

I'm still alive...
    Thanks to all that have been waiting...
    Lightning took out my modem and nic card and ups and some of my satellite gear so Im slow getting back on.
    we have begun assembly and are shipping some out monday.
    Yeah, Im still weak , so I can only do a little bit at a time.
    I never thought it would take so long to get my energy back..this deal zapped me pretty good. And yes, Im bored to tears on this couch..but
    I did migrate back to my own bed so I'm not near the computer so often.
    I did also manage to get another new drillpress that was badly needed to finish as my other one is at the transmitter and I cant go back there yet to use it because of insurance issues.
    Last edited by marconi; 09-29-2007 at 02:21.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF