Thread: bad laser divergence

Default bad laser divergence

hi
    my 110mw green laser has a beam diameter of 11mm at 8 meters and 300mm at 80 meters this seems bad what should it be? i have tried adjusting it but it wont go any smaller would changing the collimating lense help? would it be ok to try the lense off my red laser
    any ideas anyone

that sounds like around 3mrad divergence full angle.

You can exchange the collimating lens with one that has a longer focal length. This will result in a larger aperture diameter but also a better overall divergence.

What is the make of this laser?

Default bad divergence

i am a noob and like a fool brought cheap on ebay from zonestealth both my red and green lasers i got from him were crap so no brand name to the laser,so i saving up for something better do you you know where i can get 200mw red 100mw green but at a reasonable price, just can not afford cni stuff

Hi Badger,

The maxyz red get great reviews here on PL. I have a 100mW 650nm red from Pusch in Germany and I'm pleased with it too. For green I will still suggest CNI. I have one and I'm very pleased with it. It was more expensive than the Lasever (2004) and the Lambdapro (2005) I had before but I can tell you it is certainly worth it.
    Most people like me start by buying cheap / affordable lasers and move up the ladder from there. It is also part of the fun. If you are into beam shows and don't need small beam diameters (for graphics) maybe you can live with it for now, have fun with the lasers and save some money to replace them in say 1 or 2 years. Prices will drop too.

Matthijs