Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who listen to Electronica, my new demo.....

Question

Damn... The transfer timed out. It kept slowing down, but I was hopeful that it would finish. Then it just bombed.

George, can you upload the full mix to the FTP server? Also, can you identify the music in the "EDMaudience.wmv" file in the SELEM2007 folder? Thanks!

Adam

Got it and am listening to it. Thanks.

FKN feat. Jahala - Why (original mix)
    its a different remix of track 36 on my demo

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Downloading it now. Using the free download link on that site (which is obviously throttled), it's showing 1 hr and 20 min transfer time, and my D/L speed is around 65Kb/sec. But that's pretty lousy; my cable modem can run 10X faster than that. (Roadrunner doesn't cap the modem like Comcast does.) Wonder if the premier account would run any faster.?.

Eh - as long as I get the file... But it would be cool to get the full 500 meg version. Maybe you can upload it to the FTP server like Aaron suggested.

Speaking of the FTP server... George: Got a question for you. At SELEM on the first day, Johnathan set up his laptop and was playing some EDM while running the 1.7 watt whitelight projector. (Yeah, I know, you weren't there for day one...) Anyway, I've got a video of this that was taken from the audience area, and that video is uploaded to the ilda file swap FTP server. The filename is "EDMaudience.wmv". Would you please D/L that clip, listen to it, and tell me what song is playing at the begining of the clip? I *really* want a copy of that music...

Adam

Cool

Yeah! That's the one! OK -thanks! I see that it starts in your mix at around the 200 minute mark.

I got the entire file, but it took like 10 tries. Anyway, I uploaded it to the ftp server if anyone wants to grab it from there. (It's in the root directory.) Don't forget - it's a 500 meg file. Plan accordingly.

The mix is great George! I'd be happy to put together a show to go with it, but considering that right now it takes me about 7 hours per minute of music, I think you'll be eligible for social security before I finish!

I might do one for that FKN Feat number though (Jahala - Why); I really like it.

Either way though - great job! (So, when are you going to rent out the Tabernacle in Atlanta? Hell - the crowd at Club Eden seemed to like you well enough; think you could keep a crowd going for 5 hours at the Tabby?)

Adam

So, who has had time to give this a listen the whole way through, questions, comments, critizism..........

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    So, who has had time to give this a listen the whole way through, questions, comments, critizism..........

I only got an hour of it here at home and forgot to finish it at work Saturday. I'm trying to get the rest of it here and will burn it to take in the truck.

Hey Adam,

For the dumb ones among us how to we get to this FTP server ??
    I presume it is an IP address or similar.

Thanks
    Ray

HOST: ftp.ildaswap.net
    LOGIN: ilda
    PASSWORD: swap

Thanks for that
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    This demo showcases most of the sub-genres of electronica I like.
    Just wanted to say a bit THANKS for this Mr beamz.

Great selection, some cool remixes and all blended together very well.
    Listened to the whole thing over the weekend whilst working and it really kept me going

As soon as I see the likes of John O'Callaghan and Sean Tyas... good stuff.