Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This week I will be mostly building an RGB

Will post a pic of the spot tomorrow, had too much beer to play with lasers at the moment

But you have to take into account that this is a 635nm which is very visible at lower power, (see spec in first post) but comes at the cost of divergence. Great for beamshows, but a bit fat and rectangular shaped for graphics.

I like the fact that I'm not the only one partaking at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I like the fact that I'm not the only one partaking at the moment..
    LOL neither am I... it was My brother's birthday on the 29th, so I just got back. Anyway, yeah I have a ~450mw ~650nm from Marconi. I have just been tossing the idea around of having another lighter red in the spectrum, especially since I have been thinking of upgrading to a 1w 532nm!! I cant wait.

Question

Damn man, you gonna grab a 1 watter 635 to go with that greeny...

Geez,

you havent waisted any time getting this built Mark!! I swear i checked the tracking of the lasers just before the weekend, and they were still to be delivered.. Nice 1
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

The parts arrived Friday, so spent Friday and Saturday getting it all together. Now awaiting my Pangolin and Beamtable which should be here Monday and I will complete it.

Mliptack, you wanted to see pictures of the spot, well my camera isn't the best and struggles a bit with this kind of stuff. But here are some pics of the spot at about 20 feet, as much as I can get in my place.

What you should see on the white is a white spot with a red square around the edge, but the glare has hidden it in the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0694.JPG  

DSCN0695.JPG  

DSCN0696.JPG  

DSCN0697.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Damn man, you gonna grab a 1 watter 635 to go with that greeny...
    No... I wish, however! I would love to make a setup like that Arctos laser that we have all been drooling over in that other thread. I'm just a bit intimidated by the electronics at the moment. I was thinking maybe another 300-400mw of 635 or something around there. But I might wait until I can get some better beam specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    The parts arrived Friday, so spent Friday and Saturday getting it all together. Now awaiting my Pangolin and Beamtable which should be here Monday and I will complete it.

Mliptack, you wanted to see pictures of the spot, well my camera isn't the best and struggles a bit with this kind of stuff. But here are some pics of the spot at about 20 feet, as much as I can get in my place.

What you should see on the white is a white spot with a red square around the edge, but the glare has hidden it in the pics.
    Well, Insanity, it's looking very nice, thanks for the pictures, it really helped clarify my thoughts... I cant wait to see some good shots of your projector running.

Ok, I have run into a small issue and hoping that one of you guys can offer some expert assistance?

As can be seen in my first post, the 635 steers off a first surface mirror and passes through a dichro where the green mixes in. This part is pretty much perfect. The mixed yellow beam then passes through another dichro which mixes the blue and here is where the trouble lies.

I get about 10mw of green reflecting out the the side of the blue dichro (No real problem), but when we took a measurement only 150mw of green is passing through and mixing with the blue, so I am loosing 150mw inside the dichro.

The blue optic came from Edmund Optics (part no NT47-264). I called and they said this is standard and to be expected.

So, do you guys know if this is the usual case or if there is a better optic available which doesn't cost the earth?

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I get about 10mw of green reflecting out the the side of the blue dichro (No real problem), but when we took a measurement only 150mw of green is passing through and mixing with the blue, so I am loosing 150mw inside the dichro.

We measured about 10mW green passing through the yellow dichro at first, but it was in fact passing about 50% - the rest of the green was hitting the mount.

So the transmit yellow, reflect blue dichro is reflecting/passing about 50/50% of the green - which is not very good at all...

Anyone have any ideas?

Lightbulb

I'd check your angle. Not that I am close to knowldgeable about this but if feels like a good suggestion. First thought and all...