Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This week I will be mostly building an RGB

I have a diffraction wheel to get set up, then the case gets closed and all is ready. Soon as that it done I will post some more pics...

Of course if you are in the UK, it will be making a special guest appearance at the next meet...

Here is a video of it's first attempt at scanning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZsS6bqCjI

Wahoo! looks superb! I really love that magenta

..and you put all this together in ..uh .. 4 weeks?
    If your 'mostly' building an RGB what else are you doing (besides your day job as a "shower attendant in an all girls university" )

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Here is a video of it's first attempt at scanning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZsS6bqCjI

Looks good till about 1:51 into it, then it all goes black...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    (besides your day job as a "shower attendant in an all girls university" )
    Um, I am unfamiliar with this career path... might you have more information about a future in this exciting sounding profession.

Thumbs down

Ha ha,

The shower attendant thing is more of a dream job unfortunately, apparently I just don't have the right credentials

My real job is far less errr glamourous, I work during the day as a training and special projects consultant for a small US company called Verizon, you may have heard of them

So this was built over a 4 day weekend. It used to be an RGY laser so most of the donkey work I had done earlier in the year. It is almost ready now though, just need to iron out a couple of issues and decide whether or not to continue with my living nightmare - The Beamtable. Nothing but grief so far

I don't know what happened to the video. It is part of a much longer clip so I am guessing that my novice attempts at cutting the video ruined it. Still I will do a better one soon.

By the way, thanks for all the great comments and tips

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    My real job is far less errr glamourous, I work during the day as a training and special projects consultant for a small US company called Verizon, you may have heard of them
    "Wireline" or wireless?

What's wrong with your beam table? Looks much better than mine.

Verizon Business. It's the result of their merger with MCI who are my former employer after UUNet, Pipex, Woldcom (all the same company). Kind of been there since it was UUNet, part of the furniture now

As for the beam table, I am trying to do something clever and its giving me hell.

I have a Laser Visuals Poly 20 wheel in there which has 20 diffraction gratings attached. I bought a Neo-Laser remote desktop which has an FB3 inside and added panels in the Live Pro software to control the wheel.

Pangolin have been kindly working with me to get it working up the DB25 cable. Currently as soon as I apply power (with or without control signal)to the wheel it starts uncontrollably oscillating. So something is amiss somewhere and its beginning to do my head in, as the guys at Pangolin had it working last week.

I assume you have tired isolating it completely from the beamtable?

Oscillation comes from capacitance and inductance.. you have to de-couple..
    ..and get you party-hat on an do the--ok I gonna see that ill be retracting this 1 in r am..nity zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz