Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't you love it when your wife goes out of town...

Well since everyone else is doing it, here's my shop area/temporary toy starage! Can't wait to get my new shop/office completed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

2.JPG  

3.JPG  

4.JPG  

Looks like it's almost done! I like the wooden paneling where your at now tho. You gonna panel the newroom?
    I like the the chiller in the corner.. belongs to a 20Watter you got hid behind it?
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-29-2007 at 16:46.

Nah, the paneling is in the garage which has a nook area where I setup shop. But working in there in the summer is rather brutal and I didn't want to put a window unit in the garage. So we had this nice screen room on the back of the house that I decided to turn into a real room. I actually though I could have had it completed this week.... Oh well, it will get done, I did have the A/C installed today and that was a huge help! When done I will have about 240 sq ft of space to stretch out in! The new room will just have nice painted walls.

Chiller? You mean the hot water heater? You know, I did the wiring for the new room as well and I did set my self up for another ion laser should I ever decide to get another one!
    Last edited by DZ; 09-29-2007 at 16:52.

You mean 220 3 phase to the house cool
    Oh geez i thought it was a chiller..
    its a hotter..instead...
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-29-2007 at 17:17.

No 3 phase, but I can attach a rotary phase converter. I ran 6/3 to that room from the main breaker panel and put a 50amp breaker at the mains and ran it to a breaker panel in my new office, so I can pull 220VAC at 50amps. So I can run an 88 or an I70. Just planning ahead!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    What a mess..
    That's Christmas wrapping paper in the corner...
    HAHA! I have the exact same roll of C-mas paper in the room over my garage! And, just like yours, it's got laser stuff around it. How cool is that?

DZ:

Cool idea to pull the fat wire to your new room "just in case" you get another ion laser. Smart thinking dude...

Adam

If you have a garage and dont want a window unit look into a mini split A/C. I put a 2 ton unit from Ebay in mine and I can cool it down from Texas heat to nice and cool in 30 minutes. I love working in my garage in the summer now.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    So I can run an 88 or an I70. Just planning ahead!
    Next meet is at david's place...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    If you have a garage and dont want a window unit look into a mini split A/C. I put a 2 ton unit from Ebay in mine and I can cool it down from Texas heat to nice and cool in 30 minutes. I love working in my garage in the summer now.
    DZ put a mini split A/C unit in the room that he's been working on. (Thinking was that it's easier to cool a 240 sq ft room than a 500 sq ft garage.) Plus the work space he had in his garage was really just a small corner. Now he'll have the full 240 sq ft area to play in.

On a different note, you can get some really large window units these days. I bought a dual-cycle unit that was rated for 1.5 tons (17,800 btu/hr) and stuck it in the room over my garage. (Mounted it though the wall) That thing cools the room down in about 3 minutes. They had larger units, but the 1.5 ton model fit the hole perfectly, so I went with it. Cost me $500.

Adam

I had insulation blown into the walls in my garage and added it to the garage attic as well. It made a huge difference. You can blow it into the walls yourself and its pretty easy. They rent the machines from places like lowes and home depot.