Thread: I just wanted to say hi

Default I just wanted to say hi

Hello. I stumbled across this forum months ago, registered and the promptly forgot about it. I would just like to say hi and also ask if anybody here has the missfortune of owning a CR Super 1? If so are you constantly repairing it???

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Regarding the CR Super 1... I'm not sure what that is, so sorry but I cannot help you there, I am sure someone can.

Are they anything like the NFI Super 1....super 1 being a Green...super 3 being RGY and super 7 being RGB?

hi all. no they are made by a company called cr laser and distributed by a company in the uk. I just wondered if anybody else has had the same problems as me, forth replacement laser in 6 months. this time the galvos wont scan occasionally, until I strip it and remove the guard covering the galvos then it works. I`ve been thinking its a break in the loom as there is an indentation on it where it passes through the guard. good quality chineese

NB
    Bring it along to UKLEM ( see sig ) , where youwill have it investigated , diagnosed tested and likely fixed
    P
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    NB
    Bring it along to UKLEM ( see sig ) , where youwill have it investigated , diagnosed tested and likely fixed
    P
    Thanks for the offer, but its the suppliers problem atm, luckily I`m trade, so I can give them a LOT more grief

TBH its quite fun diagnosing the problems, as their tech department knows nothing about lasers

They want to upgrade the laser to a more powerfull rgb one, but that is still under negotiation (they want me to part with MORE money) but they are sending the big one down on demo at the end of the month. It might take a LONG LONG time for it to be returned

edit: having just worked out what uklem is, I could be tempted just to pop up and meet everyone. the main issue being parking.
    Last edited by noiseboy; 01-12-2008 at 08:31. Reason: just worked out what uklem was duhh

Good that means you will have plenty of time to take LOTS of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by noiseboy View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but its the suppliers problem atm, luckily I`m trade, so I can give them a LOT more grief

TBH its quite fun diagnosing the problems, as their tech department knows nothing about lasers

They want to upgrade the laser to a more powerfull rgb one, but that is still under negotiation (they want me to part with MORE money) but they are sending the big one down on demo at the end of the month. It might take a LONG LONG time for it to be returned

edit: having just worked out what uklem is, I could be tempted just to pop up and meet everyone. the main issue being parking.

no problems, I`ll do a comparison on both super 1 and the bigger one.

"the main issue being parking. "

the club has a small rear car park , the street is long and large with plenty of free parking spaces - its a sunday so its free ! and even if you have to park and walk 5 mins ... we are worth it .. NO MORE EXCUSES ! OK
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

ok,ok thats me beat. I`ll try and get up.
    Last edited by noiseboy; 01-13-2008 at 02:54.