Thread: colour mixing

Question colour mixing

can someone explain this to me please......
    if you have a blue 473nm connected to pins 7 and 20 and a blue 457nm connected to pins 8 and 21, how does the system know what analogue signal to use if you are making magenta by mixing blue and red ? in other words which blue diode to use ?

i don't have a 457nm blue but would like to understand this ?
    thanks .........dave321
    dave321

Cool

The software should use both. Assuming you are using a Pangolin controller, the balance will be adjusted when you go through the color balance calibration procedure. Then the software will calculate the proper color curves and use them to adjust the intensity of both lasers to get just the right amount of blue.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    The software should use both. Assuming you are using a Pangolin controller, the balance will be adjusted when you go through the color balance calibration procedure. Then the software will calculate the proper color curves and use them to adjust the intensity of both lasers to get just the right amount of blue.

Adam
    thanks adam, appreciate that. (i've just got a qm2000.net intro on order)
    dave321
    dave321

i've just got a qm2000.net intro on order
    Well, you've bought about the best controller there is on the market to get the most color out of your projector. When you get setup, just be sure to go through the palette wizard and take your time getting all the adjustments just right. It really only takes a few minutes to get it right the first time and the results are fantastic!

Cool

Yeah, I gotta agree with DZ on that. I'm still learning what this QM-2000 can do, but it seems every time I fire it up I learn something that makes me go "Oh wow... Cool!" The thing has some damn fine features...

(Would you believe it took me over a month before I got around to color balance adjustment? And the next day I figured out how the geometric corrections worked... Now trying to learn masking!)

Adam

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree with DZ on that. I'm still learning what this QM-2000 can do, but it seems every time I fire it up I learn something that makes me go "Oh wow... Cool!" The thing has some damn fine features...

(Would you believe it took me over a month before I got around to color balance adjustment? And the next day I figured out how the geometric corrections worked... Now trying to learn masking!)

Adam
    thanks guys, i'm sure i'll have a few questions along the way (it hasn' t arrived yet and i'm shortly going to las vegas.....any decent shows there ?)

dave321
    dave321