Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review - Moncha USB DAC + software

The different sound of scanners is caused by automatic blanking point optimization in Moncha. As every automatic thing, it is good, but it's not always perfect. Maybe the sound is because of blankig lines - Moncha doesn't put any blank points on these lines. But we've developed this optimization for several reasons:

1. I always hated to draw picture to every single blanking point. It took too much time.
    2. When I finished drawing some image for one laser and I wanted to project the show on another one, I had to go through all blanking points and add more, because the image was not correctly displayed on this second laser.

Now in Moncha you just set correctly 4 sliders and all(!) the frames are looking good(maybe not perfect) on your laser.

And another issue - I haven't seen any destroyed scanners by Moncha(or Fiesta) software. But I have destroyed some scanners using another software. And this is thanks to automatic scanrate adjustment - Moncha doesn't allow to run the scanners faster than it is neccessary.

Is the only difference between Moncha and Moncha lite, the restricted scanspeed - 30K - 12K?
    Can Moncha Lite be upgraded to the full Moncha?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

yes, its a hardware mod so cant be changed at a later date.

they both run on the same software
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

In your honest opinion and bearing in mind I can't afford £400 odd quid at the moment, do you think the Lite version is worth £150 Andy?
    Also, am I correct in that the SWare has an abstract pattern generator incorporated into it as this would be handy + would that feature really require all of a 30K scan speed? Thinking here that 12K would be OK for that type of feature??

Thanks mate
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Andy, when I try access your site I get: You don't have permission to access / on this server

in FF.

Looks good to me, hopefully the lite version works well too, I dont have that amount of money lol

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    In your honest opinion and bearing in mind I can't afford £400 odd quid at the moment, do you think the Lite version is worth £150 Andy?
    Also, am I correct in that the SWare has an abstract pattern generator incorporated into it as this would be handy + would that feature really require all of a 30K scan speed? Thinking here that 12K would be OK for that type of feature??

Thanks mate
    its hard to say about lite version, moncha is worth the money its a very good dac.

the only one down side i have with it, is you cant draw your own shows.

ive not seen the abstract generator???

Andy, when I try access your site I get: You don't have permission to access / on this server
    yeah i know i have hosting issues at the moment
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Sorry I meant pattern generator
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Does the DAC have balanced or un-balanced outputs?

Thanks
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

x & y are balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post

Thanks mate
    I recently picked up Moncha lite and I'd say it was worth every penny!

I'm only interested in beam stuff, and am only using a single colour projector at the moment so the reduced scan speed of the lite version really isn't a problem.

The simplicity and ease of use of the software is just fantastic. it's just great results really quickly, and so far it's the only piece of laser software I've ever used that hasn't crashed, stalled or produced any errors, it's absolutely rock solid!

It seems to have all the features I've ever wanted from a basic live player, these being keyboard shortcuts (Function keys change pages, nice!) beam targetting for mirrors, and easy scene positioning.

I haven't really had that much time to play yet, but I'm loving it so far!