Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FB3 question

Default FB3 question

in liveq how do i errr... export as such a frame so its in ilda format???

anyone help??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You cant do that in LivePRO USB or LiveQ.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I had the same question with mine, and discovered a "work around" - a bit "clunky", but it works:

Select the LiveQ frame file for editing.

When the edit window opens, select all the individual frames in the file, then use the file save (or maybe file export - I'm working from an office computer, not my own!). If I remember correctly, this gives you the option of saving the frame file as a separate picture file or ILD that could be imported into other laser graphics programs.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

cool ill give it a go when i get home.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I checked again on my laptop to remind myself how this works, and here's what I found out (this appears to work the same for LiveQ and LivePRO USB):

Right-click on the frame that you want to export from LiveQ or LivePRO USB, and select 'Edit". When the edit window opens, you'll need to select all the individual frame images from the file. To do that, you'll be working in the frame area that appears below the main image editing area - it's laid out like a timeline.

Click on the first image frame to select it, which should highlight the image number box for that frame. Use the frame timeline scroll bar to scroll all the way to the right to the last image frame. Hold the "Shift" key on your computer and click the last image - now all the individual frame numbers should be highlighted.

Now, with all the frames still selected, under the 'Edit' window's 'File' menu, select 'Save animation as..' (or something to that effect - my short-term memory sucks these days, which I blame on the total lack of alcohol in the last 6 months ) Anyway, when you select the 'Save...' option, you can save that complete animation as a separate animation file anywhere you want. I believe it saves it as a LPC format (?), which can be imported into other laser graphics show or image editing software.

One caveat I found out - you might need to tweak the animation a bit when you save it. The dolphin animation file I saved from LiveQ plays just fine in LivePRO, but the 'countdown' animation file saved from LiveQ plays about 10 times too fast.

There may be other quicker ways to do this, but I haven't been able to find them. It does appear that the 'workspace' files for LiveQ and LivePRO USB are proprietary, and cannot be swapped out between applications.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

the format LPC cannot be used in other programs as i just found out
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Bummer -
    Perhaps the LPC is a Pangolin-only file format

I know it will work as an image in Pangolin LivePRO USB, but I haven't tried any others. (I pretty much quit looking after I found LivePRO. It has TONS of MIDI-sync capability, which is something I wanted to use along with my existing MIDI-equipped hobby 'studio')
    RR

Sweet.....

it sucks you cant export things as ilda files
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yes, ILDA export would definitely be nice - but it's still pretty tough to beat the quality & price of the various FB3 packages!
    RR

Sweet.....

i know, but it would be good to test some of their frames with other software
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat