Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FB3 question

Cool

There is another angle that you're missing.... If they allowed you to save as ILDA, you could rip off all the frames that they sent you with the package and distribute them to anyone. Those frames are coyrighted, and one of the ways they protect them is by locking down the file format.

Adam

Works for me - LivePRO will probably be the dominant software for me for the foreseeable future!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    There is another angle that you're missing.... If they allowed you to save as ILDA, you could rip off all the frames that they sent you with the package and distribute them to anyone. Those frames are coyrighted, and one of the ways they protect them is by locking down the file format.

Adam
    yes thats true and i totally agree.

but if i make a beam show or any other show, i cant use it with other software.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think the idea is that they don't want you using other software. For pros that want to protect their work its OK. For hobbyists who want to share their stuff within the community it sucks.

good point .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The LiveQUICK software should allow you to export to ILDA as well as import. LivePRO definitely allows both directions.

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to do it, and I am not at the office so I can't try it now. But it definitely should be possible...

Best regards,

William Benner

if you get time, could you check and let us know how?

many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Add me to the list of those who would like to know.
    Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    The LiveQUICK software should allow you to export to ILDA as well as import. LivePRO definitely allows both directions.

Off the top of my head, I don't know how to do it, and I am not at the office so I can't try it now. But it definitely should be possible...

Best regards,

William Benner
    any update will???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I was messing around a little more tonight-
    My deal was that I made a cool frame in draw3d and could only find the option of saving it as an LPC file. Anyway, I was hoping that I could save it (and others I create in the future) in an ILDA format. I would like to do this in case I want to share with others, i.e. the Christmas project talked about over the last couple of days (digress- Mannheim Steamroller Xmas CD I own... Chip Davis is from Omaha ya know). If the frames I make for me are all in LPC, oh well, but it would be nice to share 'em.
    Sooo- I did find one way, although not too practical. I added the LPC in ShowRider, then chose File, Export as Frames. I still need to experiment with the timeline tabs, since I wound up with a bunch of blackspace on both ends of the real frames, but anyway, I did get it into ILDA.
    I am going to play around some more and I will let you know as I learn. Please do the same if you wander across a better way. I am just dinking around as a total amateur, so its not that big of a deal.
    There are a TON of cool effects, bells and whistles in there- I still can't believe that Pangolin is cool enough to offer us little guys such functionality for next to nothing. I wish I had more free time to really get into it for an extended session.
    Have a good one and let me know if you find anything out.
    -Mike