Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanner Lives! - sponsored by P1t8ull

Default Scanner Lives! - sponsored by P1t8ull

First off I wanna say a public thankyou to Simon (P1t8ull). Within minutes of my posting about my CT scanner failure he had PM'd me and next morning he dispatched a faulty 6800 with a good coil to me. This arrived this morning so within 48 hours of the failure my scanner and hence projector is back up and running!
    This is whats great about places like this - communities of like minded nerds who are willing to go above and beyond the extra mile. Cheers Simon.

So what have I done. Well I have used all the parts from my original scanner appart from the main body - which contains the coil. All my bitz have been built into the good body and hey presto the scanner works just fine. There is a few tricky bits to the strip down and rebuild but all in all its surprisingly much easier than I was expecting. I have taken some photos of the bitz and will post them for amyone interested later on.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

simon is the man, he helped me out getting diodes
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Pleased you're up and running again Rob

It's always a disappointment when something fails (speaking from experience - blue lasers and all that )

Cheers

Jem

what did you do with your faulty blue jem?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

No problem Rob, glad it helped out

Smile

Congrats, Rob! Great to hear that you're up and running again.

And *serious* kudos to Simon for stepping up to the plate to help you out. Well done!

I love it when a plan comes together!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I have taken some photos of the bitz and will post them for amyone interested later on
    Rob, take some pictures of the new fuses you wired into the coil circuit

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    what did you do with your faulty blue jem?
    Well, after the UK meet where it failed completely I gave it a stern talking to

This must have shocked it somewhat as it started to (only just) work again. It's been like that pretty much ever since, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What is certain though is that every time it does work the power is getting less and less.

When it was new it was measuring 240Mw, at the UK meet it was measuring around 160Mw, now it's down below 100Mw that's when it decides to work at all. Thankfully i'm not doing any commercial shows as yet, although I have my very first booking early in November. I've been asked to do some back stage lighting (through some haze) for a song from 'Joseph' by the local theatre company. After that I have a booking at a local hall with a DJ who wants some lasers at a particular gig. Not much I know, but it's a start and it would be nice to have a full strength blue laser

Cheers

Jem

so would you be interesting it selling it?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thinks... Why would you want a faulty blue laser?

O.K., Sure it's about 6 months old and the case is in great condition, it's brighter than a candle and works when it feels like it. A bargain at only £***.** !!

Seriously though, why would you want it?

Jem