Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FB3 - USB over Network THE SOLUTION!

Hi Jem .... and all

Greetings from sunny Mexico ....

I guess you could do it the same way, ive seen Video extenders ( same as usb extenders ) that run over CAT5 cable, or use a standard 2.4 gig wireless Video sender .... but beware if they have Microwave ovens in use nearby

all the best .... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Rob, I *Did* look at these a while ago, but it was an American website
    Jem ITM where I bought mine from is a crap firm but they did deliver and they are most certainly in the UK

http://www.itm-components.co.uk/

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

guys i need a little bit more info please.

how does it all work?? how do i connect my fb3 to wifi?? do i use any wireless router???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Any thoughts on how we can control the LCD projector at the next gig... Projector on stage, computer at back of hall???

Cheers

Jem
    I'd use a cat-5 send/receive pair similar to the USB one. I'd get an active one rather than a passive one. Both are available out there.

-Jonathan

try looking at the Belkin F5L009 usb network adapter. You could connect this to a wireless router. Should work.
    Unfortunately I don't have the ability to get hold of one of these for testing at the moment as I am out of postal range.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    guys i need a little bit more info please.

how does it all work?? how do i connect my fb3 to wifi?? do i use any wireless router???
    Andy

the thing I have is no good for you as it needs the physical connection to work - it just uses the cat 5 to send a boosted usb signal (in simple terms) therefore if you tried to use it through a wireless connection it would not work - there is no network configurable part to it as it is not a networking device just a usb extender that happens to use the same wire as a network.

It seems i may have jumped the gun however in saying you can do it withe the software too, as if you look at what Jeroen was talking about when he started the thread - the software makes the USB transmit over a network segment to another PC with the usb device attached and allow communication as if the usb device was plugged in locally.
    My understanding is that this software will use a network segment to emulate a usb device being connected to a nearby computer. So using this the Laptop used to control the FB3 thinks the FB3 is connected to it when its actually connected to a remote PC.

so sorry you cant do it unless you have another pc

I hope thats clear - and correct

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

yes that does make sense now, many thanks rob

so its a projector and laptop connected wireless to another laptop.

shame
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Dunno why you are thanking me - I got your hopes up!

Rob

LOL i was thanking for the advice, despite making me cry!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

if you have got £300 to spare

this is a solution

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/1292

but 100ft is the max limit

but im sure it could be improved with some hi-gain antenna

all the best ..... Karl