Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FB3 - USB over Network THE SOLUTION!

Default FB3 - USB over Network THE SOLUTION!

Guys,

I NEED TO TELL YOU THIS!!!!

I found a really cool way to control the FB3 remote.

I'm going to place in a 4U rackcase:

- 1U rackserver (only 39cm depth)
    - 1U UPS-unit for power-backup
    - 1U network-router/switch
    - 1U Pangolin FB3 in case

This case can be placed near the projector, connected using standard ILDA-cable or using CAT5-cable (but still ILDA-protocol).

On this computer, the software "USB Over Network", the server version, runs (costs only 100 dollars for 1 device - http://www.usb-over-network.com/). This shares the FB3 over the network!

Now you can run LivePro, LAstudio, etc. with the client-version of USB Over Network on a laptop wireless (tested here, works without a glitch with a 54mbps network!), or to be sure nothing will go wrong, by normal CAT5 network.

This is really great! When you connect to the FB3 with the USB Over Network software, the FB3 appears as a local device on your computer and LivePro/LAstudio just recognizes it!

WOW!
    Last edited by JeroenVDV; 10-04-2007 at 13:18.

That sounds really cool- but I need to figure out a way to use a USB modem (dial-up, or other) to connect to the internet (PL) discreetly at work...
    -now- back on topic- sorry-
    back to the regularly scheduled discussion--topic//

Sounds like a plausable solution, although wouldn't a 1u rack server, the router, usb over IP software and FB3 cost about the same if not more than Pangolin intro in a qm2000.net box?

well..can also use remote desktop! and it is FREE

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    well..can also use remote desktop! and it is FREE
    And then you want to use a midi controller with LivePro or work dualscreen...

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    Sounds like a plausable solution, although wouldn't a 1u rack server, the router, usb over IP software and FB3 cost about the same if not more than Pangolin intro in a qm2000.net box?
    Not sure what the prices are for Intro + QM2000.net box (or the OEM .NET)?

1U Rack server: +-150 dollar second hand
    Router: 100 dollar max
    Software: 100 dollar
    FB3: 595/695 dollar?

Still cheaper.. but I get your point

According to my may 2007 retail price list it would be about 2100 US$ for intro and qm.net. I suppose it would be slightly cheaper to do the remote desktop thing.

You can get a 4u rack PC quite cheaply if you don't mind having the PC onstage near the projector. You could even write a small application for pocket PC with wifi and have a laser conroller that fits in your pocket!

According to my may 2007 retail price list it would be about 2100 US$ for intro and qm.net. I suppose it would be slightly cheaper to do the remote desktop thing.
    Maybe I have to go the LD2000 intro + .NET OEM way.. I only have a useless FB3 then (used 3 times now for testing here only).

I should post on another thread to figure out how to get PL at the workplace.. I also need Newark and Digikey,, I've got 2 phonelines at the house (1 i accidentilly discovered rj-14) I already have 2 pc's at the workstation- I think 3 would be a bit obvious,, oh- y'all are talking about something else.. oh well...