Thread: Adam - is that you??? - just for fun

Default Adam - is that you??? - just for fun

Hi guys - following a thread on alt.lasers regarding the Paramount 'Laser spectacular' I went on the site (see http://www.laserspectacular.com/) and watched the promo video. At about 44 seconds in there is a crowd shot and there is a guy almost in the middle of the shot who - from the very limited pix ive seen looks like our very own Buffo. Is it Adam?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile Not me, but close!

Heh! That guy *does* look a little bit like me, but it's not me. (I wasn't wearing black when I went to see the show in Florida last spring.) Also, the show that we saw was different from the one in the video. We saw the newer version of the show that has the DLP projection screens turned 90 degrees so the long axis is vertical instead of horizontal. Then too, there were more intelligent lighting fixtures mounted on the truss assembly that held the projection screens at our show. (The one in the video didn't have any lighting on the truss.)

Finally, the crowd in the video is a *lot* more enthusiastic than the crowd at the show in Lakeland that I went to. There was very little - if any - audience participation. Ryan Waters (producer) was actually surprised that the crowd was so tame...

We did have a good time though. BTW, little tidbit: the argon beams that blast out during the drum break for "Another Brick in the Wall" in the video looked nearly identical to the one's we saw in Florida. And yeah, it was impressive as hell. That song + the finale were worth the price of admission by themselves...

Adam

cool It certainly looks like a decent night out. I didnt really think it was you but first glance and my brain said - ADAM! I rewound and stopped it thats when I doubted it. Shame - you were nearly famous.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Shame - you were nearly famous.
    Oh well... Easy come, easy go!

Adam