Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most unexplainable picture thread

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Wow! I've never seen you post before! Hello!
    Bubble gummer... That's the man...

Good to hear from you guys. Things are settling down here finally... So I should be around more often.

Expect fun toys in the future. Now that I can breathe again I can go back making crazy ideas happen.

Hi Spec

Hope you are good ... and welcome back to the world of abnormality

great to see you back buddy ...

all the best .... Karl

Yeah Spec - nice to see our lord and master still loves us

as for the dump truck I saw a very similar thing on a nearby motorway about 2 years ago. There is a juction on the M62 near warrington (Birchwood) where there is the entrance to a tip or dump. There is always a number of large refuse trucks with huge 40ft long skips on the back running to and fro. I was returning from Manchester and the first bridge heading in the Manchester direction after this junction had one of these skip wagons jammed under it. He had obviously emptied his load (fnnarr) and forgotton the skip was elevated and set off for the next run. DOH! I was amazed that there obviously wasnt some sort of lockout or warning beeper to tell him 'dont be a dumbass and drive'
    The holes in the concrete of the bridge are still ther to this day. I wish Id had a camera with me cos it was a sight to see.
    So they drop babies on thier heads iover here too.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hey Rob, do you think our American friends will know what 'fnnarr' means?

I remember Finbar Saunders and his double entendres very well indeed

Jem

I did it for the benefit of our local users but knew you would pick up on it due to your coherent compass and claudia schiffer/fat slags reference

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool Another way to get a truck stuck under a bridge...

There's another way an accident like this can happen. It happened here in Charleston several years ago. A guy was driving an 18-wheeler dump trailer. (This is not the same sort of rig as in the picture above; we're talking about a semi cab with a 5th wheel coupler pulling a long 20-cubic yard trailer.)

Anyway, when you hook up to these trailers you not only have to connect the air lines for the brakes, but you also need to connect the hydraulic hose that runs from the pump on the cab to the piston that is mounted in the trailer. Some operators only hook up the hose when they actually get ready to dump, but others leave it conencted all the time.

To dump the trailer you engage the PTO (power take off - a shaft that is driven by the engine) which starts the hydraulic pump. Then you push the lever to raise the piston and dump the trailer.

This guy was hauling an EMPTY trailer back from the landfill, and he LEFT THE PTO ENGAGED... (Dumb ass!) So the hydraulic pump is just spinning away, waiting for someone to push the lever to raise the piston. (Did I mention that the lever is outside the cab, behind the driver?) Well, road vibration did it's trick, the lever dropped into the "lift" position, and up went the trailer while the truck is doing 60 mph down the highway.

The guy realized what was happening only after he hit a bridge overpass. That's when the dump trailer bed sheared off of the frame of the trailer and fell onto the road. He said it jerked the truck back (Gee, you think?) so he looked in his rear-view mirror and all he saw was a bare trailer frame (leaking hydraulic fluid, I might add) and a big, honkin' metal box laying on the highway.

Fortunately no one was behind him, so he didn't cause any accidents. They had to shut down the highway for about 3 hours though. They lifted the dump bed onto a flatbed trailer and hauled it away. Minimal damage to the bridge, believe it or not. (The trailer was a little worse for wear though.)

This guy was hauling stuff for our company at one time, but he's not under our contract anymore. (Good thing!)

Adam