Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY Lightbox for UV exposure of PCB boards.

Looks good, is that 15 mil? Looks like you did clear the center of the pads for drill holes. It does make drilling easier.

Yep looks lie he did. I didn't see the holes on my other computer ( crt monitors) but I can see them on my laptop with lcd.

Looks good.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

20 thou. Or mil, same thing). Might be narrowed slightly by etching though, or by the spray to thicken the toner opacity, that tends to slightly narrow the tracks I think.

I did make one unrecoverable error as it happens, a daft one, the tracks for the power and ground are too thin. They'll handle the small currents ok, no more than 200 mA max, but the LED meter current's effect on ground might have been working on thin tracks. If so, these new boards would be worse (I made a temp copy for the original attempt, they were thicker), so I'll redo that.

Just bought some nice Proxxon power tools. Haven't arrived yet but when they do, sawing and drilling should be more fun than they are now. Much. Even so I think I'll make those pilot holes bigger, I aimed small because I thought etch undercut should do the rest. It didn't. Not that I'm complaining about this.