Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasever Blue is built well

Default Lasever Blue is built well

Ok, what do you get when you combine me (who's had a few), with a projector without blue, with a Lasever replacement blue that doesn't fit, with a table saw with a tungsten carbide blade?

How about a Lasever Blue with a hair cut. I am happy to report that its not a $1500 paper weight!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Did you take it apart before cutting on it? If not, you are very brave!

Thumbs up

Looks slick... Does it fit well now?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Did you take it apart before cutting on it? If not, you are very brave!
    Its pretty well sealed up, so no I didn't take anything out. When cutting it, I wasn't so much worried about vibration as I was heat. So I only made small cuts at a time and quickly removed the heat with ice. Seems to be ok, but I could end up with long term effects of some kind. At least it fits now!

Looks slick... Does it fit well now?
    Like a glove..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.JPG  

I'd have just stuck it on the mill! Better cut!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Lightbulb

Nice... You should make and sell enclosures.

I'd have just stuck it on the mill! Better cut!
    If I had one I would have. A mill has always been on my list, same as a lasercheck, but its just something that I never much looked in to. I can get the job done with the tools that I have for now so its never been high on my list.

You should make and sell enclosures.
    I'd like to, but when our friends in China change specifications without regard to customer situations, it just makes things a tad more interesting. If I ever get going on this project I'm clearly going to have to change out to CNI since they seem to be more consistent with thier product.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'd like to, but when our friends in China change specifications without regard to customer situations, it just makes things a tad more interesting. If I ever get going on this project I'm clearly going to have to change out to CNI since they seem to be more consistent with thier product.
    You could make a standard for the laser "chambers" big enough for the bigger heads, or just make em all for CNIs. I have a feeling we will all be using them anyway.

I killed my first DPSS green by doing that. I wasnt even close to the internals when I did it, the vibrations surely killed it. You are very very lucky

Cool

The mind boggles!

I can't *believe* you did that. And I *really* can't believe it still works! Dude, maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket or something, because you've got to be on a lucky streak right now! (Then again, maybe you just used up 15 years of good luck...)

You know, Fred has a mill that he's been dying to play with. I'll be he would have milled that case for you...

Still, if it works (and more importantly if it *keeps* working), then I guess everything is fine. But it sure wouldn't have been my first choice!

So I guess we'll be able to see your projector in action at FLEM 1.5 after all, eh? (Cool!)

Adam