Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coldfire-based Networkable Embedded Laser Controller!

Default removed

Dear Fellow Laserists,

Unfortunately, what began as a friendly post to inform you of new technology has become mush.... I've decided it be best to remove the original and subsequent postings from this thread because it simply got way out of hand and well beyond what it was intended.
    Last edited by lasermame; 10-15-2007 at 11:07.

Cool

I didn't see anything on the website about software that you can use to control it. Is this only useful for playing back pre-loaded shows, or is there also a live player? What about show authoring software?

Will it work with other software as well? (Mamba Black, Pangolin, LDS?) Any plans to support them in the future?

And finally, will it work with LaserMame? (That's the $64,000 question, actually.)

Adam

Question

Do we consider dual posts spam?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I believe the software that will run is going to be a port of Lasermax that originally ran on the Amega..

These boards run uc Linux!!!!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Can you tell us what microprocessor this uses? Also, can you tell us what the ILDA output system is like?

And I love the little "Translate" feature on the bottom of your web page. I especially like the way it works. Tell me, where did you ever get the idea for such amazing functionality?

Best regards,

William Benner
    Last edited by Pangolin; 10-16-2007 at 04:58.

Joking aside, bable fish a google do a crap job of tranlating pages into other languages. It's nice to give this option but what your actually saying is.. "Yes we understand that some of our guest speak other languages, but we can't be bothered to translate the pages for you. Instead you have to make do with what ever crap google and babbly fish are spitting out today"

Bable fish don't even do the translation, they send it on to another service which does the bad translation for them.

Good week end everybody?

Hi LaserLips,

Yes, it is true of actually most computer software translation systems -- the result can sometimes actually be humorous.

I remember translating something about a particular Timeline software from Spanish into English. The translation said that the timeline software "acts as an intelligent bellboy..."

I would say that Babelfish is "better than nothing" and is hopefully a helpful tool for people who otherwise don't understand the native language of the web page.

But what I find particularly intriguing is the way that Rodney invokes the Babelfish translation. That is a very unique method. Rodney, would you care to share with the good folks at Photon Lexicon how you came up with such an idea?

Best regards,

William Benner
    Last edited by Pangolin; 10-14-2007 at 04:20.

How about they share where they got their inspiration for the card while they're at it...

Little reverse-engineering going on, maybe? I wonder...

Most telling fact is that "LaserMame" hasn't posted before or since.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    How about they share where they got their inspiration for the card while they're at it...
    One thing at a time Buffo. Lets take this step by step.

Inspiration is one thing, but what's going on with their translation feature is quite another. Go ahead Rodney, please tell the kind folks here on Photon Lexicon where you got the idea, the code, and the bitmaps for the amazing translation feature on your web site?

Oh, and I've already saved a backup copy of that web page and all sub-parts just in case it changes one day...

Best regards,

William Benner

PS: First time I ever found the need to use this icon...
    Last edited by Pangolin; 10-16-2007 at 04:57.

Exclamation

Holy shit!

It's a complete rip-off of the Pangolin site! Check the file sizes, the icons... It's EXACTLY the same as the translate code at the top right of the Pangolin site.

Adam