Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Group laser project

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    I like their song that gets played on the radio around Christmas. I'm down to try and help, but I don't got much talent or skill yet...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

"driving home for Christmas" by Chris Rea

we should be hearing that o the radio again any time soon.

EDIT: maybe not a good idea "top to toe in taillights" and my red just died

I'd gladly contribute some of my time to this. I think we can come up with something neat. It would be rather limited since most folk only have intro.

If it's okay with you, I'll put up some of the still frames I made. I'll put them up on the ildaswap server.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

How about "Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer"? It would be a fun one to do.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    How about "Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer"? It would be a fun one to do.
    We need a song that tells a story, or that people mentally know the words to, so so far

we have Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, TSO, Manheim and that country taillights song I've never heard.

GGRRD would be fun and marketable.

Steve

It surprises me you've never heard of Chris Rea, apparently his biggest hit in the US was 'Fool (if You Think It's Over)'. He was born in England so maybe he wasn't taken seriously in the US But putting him off as a country singer goes a bit to far Anyway try finding 'driving home for Christmas' , it is a pleasant song.
    cheers

On one of the steamroller soundtracks there is a song that is Christmas in Hollis by run DMC its a more rap style song but ive already been working on a show to it, I find that it would be diverse since the lyrics are understandable and imagery could be evenly spaced and it is very up beat. although this is more of a toned down event maby something really lively would be a splash amongst the rest.

Lightbulb

I think we may need a few "samples" of the songs we are discussing. Although I agree GGRRD could be easy, a lot of people know it, and could be marketable. I REALLY hate the song, but it has it's pros.

Thumbs up

Im IN! And i will do some searching for a cool xmas tune or two as well..I like most of the suggestions EXCEPT..Grandma... I have done that one ONE too many times...LOL... To be graphic and literal is fun , but not as much of a challenge... Lets take a cool piece of music( something trans siberian) and Abstract it up!!.. Fun and Christmas at the same time...
    P.S. Floyd is still on, just delayed a bit for me... Work got busy....But i will promise to get a soundtrack done by years end...By spring maybe we will have something...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com