Thread: play sticky ball !

Default play sticky ball (my first laser game!)

Here is a little interactive laser program that works with easylase. I made it as a start for some interactive laser animations/games/demos or whatever. It is a bit like one man pong only the ball tends to stick a bit because of lousy physics implemented. I Couldn't bother anymore to write out the angular expressions properly so it will have to do. You need easylase to have a go at it, I'm sorry it is not for everybody. But for those who do have it, give it a try and let me know if if works on your machines and projectors. Its setup to work with red and green, and just red and just green.
    The interface should speak for itself. I've gone a bit overboard on the color controls but they also serve for more color demanding graphics.

cheers,
    M.

ps. remember to copy the easylase.dll into the same dir.

EDIT: check the scanrate befor output. This prog was designed with 30k scanners in mind so it may be a bit fast .

EDIT2: missing dlls added.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zoof; 10-13-2007 at 03:30.

Here is a pic of the game in action. Th vid shows both balls bouncing in a non-interactive mode.
    I know this is very simple stuff but the amount of fun I'm having with it reminds me of the time I had my first GWBASIC programs running with graphical output.
    In the vid the balls slow down at times when the computer load increased but that has been solved with a variable time step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwZ_bTGtZzw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pong.jpg  

Thumbs up

COOL! COOL! COOL!
    Great, now I have an Easylase on my shopping list!
    I have an FB3 board without an SDK, so I'm afraid I cannot play with this kind of fun stuff unless I get an Easylase. I like the FB3 and all, but it sucks that I cannot talk to it. I think Bill said in another thread that he didn't want people writing software that makes his board look bad (like Vidal Sassoon).
    I would REALLY like to make something like what you have made. That is awesome- I am impressed.
    You know what I would like to make? There are plenty of maze generators out there (hint). A 3d walk-through maze game?
    -Mike

FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    Good job, should it be possible to make other games?
    Like pong, tetris ect.
    Would be great when I'm bored with controlling some lasers on a party.
    At that time I can always play a game on the projectionscreen

How about a game you could play as a beam show?!

Maybe something like snake would be usable with no screen. Would be quite a unique idea. It could be two player with an RGY or RGB with two different coloured flat scans and you have to avoid crashing into each other!

Hey Lampy-
    I bet using two scanners could provide some interesting effects-
    One step at a time for me though!
    -Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missle_command.JPG  

One last thing I forgot to mention-
    I built a MAME arcade controller a few years ago, and I used an ipac
    This could be used to control the game- it is a keyboard emulator.
    I was thinking that you could use a toy car remote-control to send instructions to the ipac (might require a receiver hack), and the PC would think someone was playing on the keyboard. That way, like at a party or big event, you could pass the remote control around to people who wanted to play. Get 2 controllers with different frequencies, and you could let 2 people play each other!
    -Mike

Cool ideas! I like the party remote control stuff. Taking the signal from the remote control is all pulse width modulation (PWM) which should be very basic stuff although I'm not too familiar with it.

If you want the source code just send me a PM and we'll hava a 'who can make the coolest game contest'