Thread: Anyone know what scanners these mirrors go to?

Question Anyone know what scanners these mirrors go to?

I won an auction a few days ago for a "vintage" model Maxyzmodule. Got it for $32 shipped.

The auction said it had a defraction grating also. I got the package 3 or 4 days later and the box had a bunch of extras in it.

A couple of beamsplitter cubes, another grating, a wierd 4 sided pyramid thing , and two BIG mirrors that look to go on scanners. They have some kind of certification for each mirror.

One is close to 1 inch by 1.5 inches and the other is probably .5 inch by 1 inch. It looks like a scanner with a 1/8th inch mirror holder could fit them. Anyone know what these go to?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

They look very much like the mirrors off the large aperture scanners like the GSI ones.
    ... or this one on ebay

Keep hold of them for when you get your laserscope.

Or you could make some miniature frames and hang 'em up in your dolls house

Lightbulb

Thanks p1t!

That one on eBay, 6325D, looks 95% like the smaller mirror I have. I wonder if these will fit on a set of G120s...

It is hard to tell from the picture, but these are definitely for larger scanners, like the M2 or possibly VM2000 or so. These are way too big for G-120.

Bill

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    It is hard to tell from the picture, but these are definitely for larger scanners, like the M2 or possibly VM2000 or so. These are way too big for G-120.

Bill

Thanks Bill! That probably rules out me using them. Probably a waste of mirror for any laser I will get in the near future.

Cool

Those are still some very nice mirrors, Aaron. I'd hang on to them. They're not going to work on the G-120's (we talked about that last night), but they're otherwise perfectly good mirrors. You could either sell them to someone that needed them for a scanning/marking system that used a large beam (CO2, or maybe Copper Vapor), or use them as bounce mirrors inside your projector. Considering you didn't pay very much for that auction, and the guy basically included the mirrors for free, I'd say you got a good deal.

Bring them to FLEM and I'll check them with my power meter to see how efficient they are. My guess is that they're 98% or better.

Adam