Thread: NML Full Auto wiring??

Default NML Full Auto wiring??

Had a MAJOR meltdown last night at a show and actually couldnt perform!

does ANYONE have a GOOD, CLEAN, DETAILED wiring schematic (diagram) for a New Method Lasers older ISA Full Auto card???

I need the CN3 output on card to ?? on DB25 connector
    and I need CN2 output on card to ?? on DB25 connector.

i know, seems pretty simplistic but i am in a SERIOUS time crunch right now, I honestly dont remember how the heck i did this in the first place and it isnt wired too great.
    ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated and next local meet and greet you got a beer on me!!!
    (or ill ship ya one! SERIOUSLY!!)
    -GLL

taken from my personal collection of scans. hope this helps. Remember to use the correct choice between DB25 or Board Pins

Thats it!!! Thanks Dream Beamz, and also that applies to the long version and short version ISA card. If you are using a ThinkPad with docking station sometimes when connecting the DB25 connections while both units (PC and Laser) are powered upped you can actually short the ribbon pins 19 and 20 therefore causing the fuse to blow internally on the docking station.

When removing the bottom cover and card you will see this. (Pic 1)

When looking under the slot you will see this. (Pic2)

Its is a 5amp fuse and you can either tack a fuse across it or run wires to the front CD ROM blank and install a panel mount fuse holder there so you can then replace the fuse very quickly.

A good way to determine if there is a problem communicating to the card is to go to the configure screen and clicking the calibrate button. If nothing seems to happen but a few numbers changing next to the button then you are pretty much ok but if you get a failed reading timer then the PC is not communicating to the card correctly at all. So at this point give us a call and we will determine the best course of action to get you up and running again.

OSLS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1781.jpg  

IMG_1782.jpg  

well, that just fixed one of my docks. Thanks

Cool

Some good info in this thread... I've got one of the Selectadoc III units myself, and I didn't know about that fuse!

Thanks Amanda / Fred!

Adam