Thread: Baseplate/Aperature Dimensions

Default Baseplate/Aperature Dimensions

Hi Yall,-
    I'm trying to build miniature mirror- mounts and I need to find out if there is a standardized hight for baseplate/ exit aperature dimensions. Is it 0.5 inches?
    I think that's what Maxyzmodules run, but does everyone else?
    Thanx in advance,
    Steve

Lightbulb

As far as I have seen no. All 4 of mine have different heights. It'd be REAL nice... I think the floating board for each laser is the best approach. Just make sure each board is thick enough to dispearse any heat from the laser.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

10-4 Good Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Hi Yall,-
    I'm trying to build miniature mirror- mounts and I need to find out if there is a standardized hight for baseplate/ exit aperature dimensions. Is it 0.5 inches?
    I think that's what Maxyzmodules run, but does everyone else?
    Thanx in advance,
    Steve
    the smaller CNI's, the beam height is 1"
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool

Hey Dave... You've sold plenty of CNI's; perhaps you could comment on something I've been curious about.

How consistent are the beam heights of CNI lasers from batch to batch and across the product line? (reds vs greens and blues) What I mean is, if you were foolish enough to build a solid state RGB projector that had *NO* ability to adjust the beam height of the 3 lasers, would you still be able to get decent alignment if you purchased all three lasers off-the-shelf from CNI? (Assume that you only have left-right alignment adjustability for the lasers in the projector. The beams otherwise need to be parallel and at the exact same height.)

I already know that if you try this using Lasever lasers, the answer is no, but I'm curious if CNI's workmanship is up to the task or not. (I'm not suggesting that anyone actually build a projector like this; adjustment should always be provided for - I'm just curious...)

Adam

OK--I guess a lot of aluminum shims are in order then..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    OK--I guess a lot of aluminum shims are in order then..
    Not if you do a floating table for each laser. They only have to be a little bigger than the base of the laser. Then align them all vertically to the scanner mirrors where they will also be level with each other then use your optic mounts horizontally align them and fine tuen the verticallly. No shims needed.

Kinda kiddin.. 1/4" aluminum plate bolted to heatsink on bottom for Marconis and custom housing for the 'pointer' which is going bye-bye..
    And one of these days a $2000 CNI bluey..heh.. but not anytime soon that I can forsee (cashflow issues dontcha-nooo)ahhhh but who knows,, the laser demon may take over ("the devil made me do it")(who remember Flip Wilson) and cha-ching-- creditcard more debt hehehe