Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices on Software and Hardware...

Yeah... You can dicker with them and get it for less? Cool...

Adam

Question

When you guys say Fiesta and Moncha, is that just software or does the DAC come with that price?

Software and DAC.

Does the Pangolin LA Freak setup support the "laser wave" effect? Ohh how I love to see a difracted or solid ocean like waves of lasers

I can't seem to find a link where to buy it...?

It'll support anything you can draw into the frame editor and more! I think the best way to buy it is to use the contact form on the Pangolin website, or sent a PM to Pangolin (Bill Benner) here on PL.

Cool

The "laser wave" effect is actually a very basic effect. Just about any controller can create it, including the Flashback 3.

There are many different effects that you can produce with the Flashback 3, including fans, beams, liquid sky, etc. You can also create abstract patterns and 3D animations. (Note that the FB3 supports full 3D objects as well as 3D rotation and transformations, but some other hardware/software packages don't.)

If you want to purchase the hobbyist LA FREAK package from Pangolin (which includes the FB3 controller and the LA Studio software suite for $500 total), the quickest way is to pick up the phone and talk to Bill Benner. (He's usually available in the afternoon/evening timeframe.)

Adam

Sounds good to me. $500 doesn't even sound that bad of a deal for quality software and hardware. It's not like I'm putting on a show at the superdome

30k scanners, good for pretty much any animation? Anyone have a screenshot of the program? I will PM/call him Thank you all very much for the help

Cool

30K is pretty much the standard. In fact, though I have a set of scanners that are rated for 40K (actually, 2 sets of those scanners), I still run them at 30Kpps speed. Why? Because I get a wider scan angle at 30K, and you can't notice any other difference in the image anyway, so there's no point in running them faster.

As for screenshots of the LA Studio software, the Pangolin website has several. Here's the abstract generator, the 3D object editor, the show designer timeline, and the basic show player. They don't have a picture of the Live Quick live player or the Samba live player that I could find, but those are included in the software suite as well.

Adam