Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melles 58 BLD 605

Question Melles 58 BLD 605

I thought these lasers had Bibo....I was told it was Lbo. Non-hydroscopic???? I knew that KDP was unstable in humid conditions because of the bonding agents employed. Can some one shed a little light on these laser optics train as to there stability after opening the cavity? BTW they are rated for 200mw of 457nm deep blue.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Lightbulb

Hey, there is one of these on eBay, ending in about 13 hours that "has a dead diode".

Melles Griot 58-BLD-605 LASER
    serial #11177B
    Mfg OCT 2000
    Laser diode is dead. I put laser diode on spectrum analyser and the bandwidth had become wide.
    Laser was putting out 25mw and degraded
    Power supply is good
    No burns on optics

If I had a clue, and the cash to get this thing... It's only at $305 at the moment...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

whoever is selling them must have a bunch because they listed another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200165176985

Lightbulb

Makes me instantly suspicious...

I would not buy from him. The one he has up there is one I bought. Every message he sent me said Sold As-Is in it. So I asked him to make sure, does it have everything in in including the dead diode? He said he was not sure. So that means that either he is lying about looking at the cavity, or about saying there are no burns on the optics.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I have one question:
    one of my friend tells me that this model(Melles 58 BLD 605) could reach 1 watt high.Is this true?
    If anyone knows,please let me know.
    Thanks a lot.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669

Well I have one and I can't even get it to do 400mw new. Some tweaking got it to 400mw on warmup but it was stable in the 380 range.

Now it's not stable really at all, then again it's 5 years old, and has been to the bottom of the ocean a few dozen times, soaked a few times too.

The diodes are IMPOSSIBLE to get ( since MG wants $500 to look and a good $5-6K to replace a diode IIRC ). I guess you could hack something else or steal the crystals.

This one has a diffrent serial number than the other one. I'm not going to bother because if he opened it up he probably screwed stuff up and was probably trying to hack 2 together to make a working unit.

MG will tell you to piss off if you mess up the optics, as even they won't try and fix them, even if you are paying.

call fred at one stop laser shop he can fix the melles and i think he only charges like $50-$100 to do a bench check

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    call fred at one stop laser shop he can fix the melles and i think he only charges like $50-$100 to do a bench check
    Sounds like a cross state road trip to me...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Hey, there is one of these on eBay, ending in about 13 hours that "has a dead diode".

Melles Griot 58-BLD-605 LASER
    serial #11177B
    Mfg OCT 2000
    Laser diode is dead. I put laser diode on spectrum analyser and the bandwidth had become wide.
    Laser was putting out 25mw and degraded
    Power supply is good
    No burns on optics

If I had a clue, and the cash to get this thing... It's only at $305 at the moment...
    If you look at Sam's laser facts it says some of these units put out two 200mw beams 45 degrees from each other.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"