Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale TTL RGB 30K "kit"

Dam, I thought this was a BUY and SELL thread?
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Dam, I thought this was a BUY and SELL thread?
    Sorry man... but you know how these things go. But like I said, I'd buy it if I had the money. It has almost the same specs as mine but cost less. I feel yer pain also. I've had to sell a good deal of my computer stuff to pay a few bills and to keep my lasers. This isn't your main projector is it?

since this is a laser forum, how come you dont put lasers that bounce off mirrors all over the place that turn on when a motion sensor triggers it... you know kinda like in the movies and when someone breaks the beam the alarm goes off..... or better yet torches them! lol!!! I joke with people and tell them our laser at the club is also part of our alarm system and the idiots think im for real... lol......

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    yeh, My roomates car got broken into so I put in a complete overhaul in the security system at the house to include a wireless sensor on each door/trunk of the car so when someone opens my car door the house alarm goes off instantly with 2 very loud sirenes. Every window is covered by a sensors as well as a break sensor on each glass. Heat / Movement sensor in the garage and dual head sensors in all the rest of the rooms. In total I think I have 30 zones, all over the fear I could lose everything by some idiot. The good thing is, I bought all the equipment second hand for $300

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Sorry man... but you know how these things go. But like I said, I'd buy it if I had the money. It has almost the same specs as mine but cost less. I feel yer pain also. I've had to sell a good deal of my computer stuff to pay a few bills and to keep my lasers. This isn't your main projector is it?

Don`t worry about it, I was just being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Thank god it's not that bad here in England.

Jim
    Yet!!! Ah Haaahhahhahhaaaaaaahahaaa

Mark

I thought about this just to add another zone. Would be nice to have a shed out back housing a co2 laser to blast em in half

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    since this is a laser forum, how come you dont put lasers that bounce off mirrors all over the place that turn on when a motion sensor triggers it... you know kinda like in the movies and when someone breaks the beam the alarm goes off..... or better yet torches them! lol!!! I joke with people and tell them our laser at the club is also part of our alarm system and the idiots think im for real... lol......

Hey Astroguy, I'll have money in paypal on the 15th. If everything works in your auction, and those are directions I would gladly buy it from you.

I honestly am not educated in lasers, but I would much rather build my own system than pay $3000 or more for a premade one.

Is there anything else I would need to run it? Software? Hardware for my computer? Would this run stand alone? Just need a housing unit to put it in?

I am down to buy it, sounds like a great deal Please, message me more about it.

Cool

I'm sure Fred will be replying to you soon, but just to let you know - this package has everything you need except the software and the controller. Those you would need to buy separately, and you've got lots of choices. But you get the lasers, the dichros and mounts to mix the beams together, and the scanners and amps, plus a big plate to mount everything on. That's a complete RGB projector in kit form; just add an enclosure, hook up a controller, and you're off and running.

As far as a controller, if you're just getting started you might be interested in the LA FREAK package offered by Pangolin. It will cost you $500, but for that price you get the Flashback 3 controller and an entire software suite to go with it. (3D frame editor, abstract generator, show designer, text effects generator, and two different live players.)

Another option would be Mamba Black, with the Easylase USB controller, but that package is going to cost you north of $800, and truthfully I don't think it has as many features as the LA Freak package does.

The Moncha software/hardware combination runs around $600, but it, too, has limits when it comes to the software. Search around the forums some and you'll find plenty of threads devoted to software/hardware combinations.

But trust me on this: Fred's package is a *hell* of a good deal. I was going to buy it myself (even though I already have an RGB rig) just because it was such a deal, but due to recent events I just don't have the spare cash anymore...

Adam