Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: For Sale TTL RGB 30K "kit"

Sorry, don't need anymore lasers.....lol

Woo!!! Thanks to the help of everyone, it's almost finished!!! I rewired everything brand new made sure of everything. Got my parts, just need to mount the dichros and the green laser, then house everything!!!

The green one keeps overheating and turns off Guess I forgot the heat sink on my checklist

BUT, the red and blue are cocentric and it looks damn cool!!! I'm so proud!!! Wooo for colors where it's supposed to be!!!!

Pictures and video when the green is ready.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Ok...well now that I waited 15 minutes for it to cool down from what I thought was overheating....it won't turn on now....!

The red light, heat sensor, is off. Both lights are green for go, but no laser wtf

Cool

It's uncommon for a green laser to overheat like that. Is it mounted on a metal baseplate? And are we talking about the head getting hot, or the driver? If it's the driver, make sure you check the input voltage. (If it's *way* above 5 volts, that can cause the driver to heat up.)

Yeah, a heat sink on the driver is a good idea. Might need a fan too, if it's getting that hot... But it really shouldn't be getting hot like that...

As for it turning off - check your blanking leads; make sure it's not something simple like a loose wire.

Adam

I checked the blanking, they're fine, it's putting out 5V, the driver is on wood, as the others. They aren't mounted yet just for testing purposes.

It works now...weird..

Video will be posted soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXG1E_-0uic

Video frames don't catch the complete animation. Still looks good though :-D THANKS!!
    Last edited by Dj_Nexus; 11-23-2007 at 06:55.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Nexus View Post
    the driver is on wood, as the others.
    Just a word of caution... Wood is an insulator, so anything you mount on wood will get hot, including your laser driver. If you can attach a metal heat sink to the back of the driver (or better yet, a heat sink and a fan), that will help it to run cooler.

Glad to hear you got it working though. Still can't see your videos (stuck at work again - grrr) but I'll check them out this weekend when I'm off.

Adam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFH-_hmUYY

Beam cues I made....if anyone would like them I'm willing to share They are .LPC

The video quality isn't good, but it works well enough. No justice on video

I got the housing, just have to take all the parts out and put the new parts in

Will take pictures of the finished product when I finally get it done

Thank you all soooo much for your help. Sadly I've been only running green 40% power, and blue 60% to get the right color tone