Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re Cheap laser controllers

Maybe it's because of the language, but I totally don´t understand what you´re all talking about. Is it a joke or..?

Search some of the recent threads - That may give you a clue

Jem

Cool

They're making jokes about "LaserMame" and the coldfire processor-based controller that he was promoting. Well, he only promoted it for one post. Then several people noticed that it looked a lot like the QM-2000 from Pangolin. Come to find out, the guy was working with a former Pangolin distributor in Australia (one that got their distributorship revoked, I might add), and then was about to enter into a contract with Pangolin to do some coding for them before this controller came out.

But the deal with Pangolin fell apart when he refused to sign the contract that would have prevented him from using Pangolin's software development kit in any other project. This was to protect Pangolin's intellectual property; it would prohibit him from ripping off their design. (Which is probably why he refused to sign it.) Looks like he still ripped of as much as he could though, and reverse engineered the rest using what he already knew about the Pangolin design.

The stink of all of this is that he was accused of being less-than-truthful about his relationship with Pangolin, and he outright lied to the people in the forum - twice. Then the facts were revealed that proved he wasn't telling the truth, and rather than confess he decided instead to delete ALL his posts concerning the matter. (Looser)

Everyone above is just having some fun at the guy's expense... There's a lot more to the story, but this is the meat of it.

Adam

Whatever adam, I got mine in the mail yesterday

i think its bad that clandestiny is trying to claim that he developed this platform .... i need to tell you all the truth now

as some of you know Banthai Lasers has been in the industry for over 70 years, we were the first laser company to provide the lasers for George Formbys opening night at the winter gardens in 1939, we developed the fibre fed laser that fitted on to his Uke Banjo so that he could fire beams out over the crowds whilst he strummed, and the bright light effect for when he was "leaning on the lampost at the corner of the street" was a copper vapour of course .... well in about 1949 when we are at the forfront of electricals and thermonic valves we designed the first PCI laser control card ... The BANTHALIN QM3000, it has now been copied world wide

sorry but the photo was of the QM3000 was taken in 1954 when my photoshopping skills were not at there best

all the best ... Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banthalin QM3000.jpg  

Hahahahahaha! If only I had some of allthat's crazy smileys now!
    My missiz is wondering why I'm rolling about on the floor laughing hysterically.

You guys are too much!!! This is fricken hillarious!!

Boy that Paul (clandestiny) sure has an amazing sense of humor. He should be a writer for The Simpsons, or some theatrical dark comedy. I tell you Paul, you are in the wrong business!!!

I can't wait for Hayden to get a load of this. After all, he is "keeper of the QM boards"...

Bill

Cool

FREE HAYDEN!

Adam

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Tip of the hat to Banthai for one upping me- excellent.
    Unfortunately , As usual, Dr doom and gloom, stick in the mud Buffo couldn't
    keep his virtual mouth shut and blew the whole post.
    If he chooses to live in misery, fine, the problem is he can't bear to see anyone else enjoying themselves hence he must pull the plug on everyone.
    You see I had a few big name marquee lexicon members in the wings waiting to jump in on this- but old pocket protector himself had to blow the whistle.
    the post hadn't even been up six hours before he decided to shut it down-

Ohh well

Anyway flem 1.5 is saturday and someone has my custom fit pango shirt from selem- I didn't get it, bring it to me before I file a lawsuit on that as well

LOL
    go big or go home

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Ohh well

Anyway flem 1.5 is saturday and someone has my custom fit pango shirt from selem- I didn't get it, bring it to me before I file a lawsuit on that as well

LOL
    I've got yer damn shirt laudered, pressed, starched... I'll wrap the amp in it.