Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just got Die4Driver, and I am sure I will need help... ;)

Question

I don't think I know what setting to use to measure current. I've tried but never seem to get the results people are looking for. Do I use the 20/10A in the mA section of the meter.

I got green now, it is just real dim. I think I am getting 1.82 or so since I turned up both pots... but it should get way brighter than this.

Lightbulb

Robin sent it at it's lowest current setting since I couldn't figure out how to measure current.

You don't directly measure current. You measure the voltage drop from MON to Gnd and divide it by the value of the big resistor (1 ohm precision) to get the current. I = V/R. So, if you get 140mV that means 140mA.

OK so at least it working (dimly) I think a few jumper settings away from success!! Gotta get some sleeeep..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Been up since early 6am..
    I'll log backon tomm.. yall have a good one
    Steve

-edit- yeah Carm , basic Ohms law there..
    Last edited by steve-o; 10-19-2007 at 15:35.

Lightbulb

With the head gone, the LDA and LDC shorted together, I get .198 from the MON to GRD on the 2 setting under VDC on my meter... How do I get the value of what big resistor? Mind you I don't know what a resistor looks like. Think pre-schooler here...

Heh, come on Steve, I just turned off the alarm that woke me up from yesterday evening to get ready for work last night... I just passed the 24 hour mark. the plan is to get this green up by midnight so I can get a good night's sleep before going tomorrow. I can always go back to TTL.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 10-19-2007 at 15:38.

OK one more comment-- the other pot is offset--it should read zero at the output with no command. (input) I would not use that pot to control brightness.
    nity-nite

OK -dude you just woke me up again-- although youre alot younger than me ..
    I'll try to think..
    I'll be back right after feeding the dog..

Talking

I was just kidding man. I'm not sure what else I can do. It is probably a jumper setting to control more current. You goto sleep man. I'll be luck to stay up past 9... If I don't figure it out we'll get it at the meet tomorrow. I just wanted to walk in with it workin.

OK try this- Put J1 in and leave j2 j3 out. Turn the gain all the way down, apply power and slowly turn it up, hook a meter on the V scale on MON and GND and watch it until it reads .. shit I need the specs on the diode to go any further-- the V and the current; can you send me a link-- be right back after the shower..
    I'll have to get me one of these-- or build one 'cause they seem to be very popular , but it doesnt look like to me that its running in current regulated mode.. I may be wrong.. have to look at it closer tomorrow
    Wish I could be at FLEM 1.5 or whatever youall are calling it.. but looks like a hellof alot of fun..
    burn one for me on a1a -smokin tyres -- eeerrrccchhhh--

Question

I assume you mean solder a jumper in to connect the two j1s? Don't forget to use soap...