Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numpties Guide to LivePro - Anyone?

Default Numpties Guide to LivePro - Anyone?

Hi all

I've just got my LivePro licence through from Pangolin

So, now the LivePro program starts, so far so good.

I hit the 'Play' button and click on a cue and...Err, well, nothing actually happens. The laser preview window is showing what should be the output, but there is no output from the laser.

Now then, what you need to understand here is that i'm a typical male with a complete disregard for instructions (hate them). Before I bought it I asked a simple question "Will it work straight out of the box", so to speak. The answer was 'Yes', so i'm just expecting to be able to start the program and away I go

I know the laser projector is o.k. because it works fine in Showtime. So, I guess I must be a Numpty and have not set something up that LivePro is expecting. Can anyone give a suggestion as to what I haven't done that perhaps I should have?

I will read the instructions (honest) but it's my daughters 14th Birthday tomorrow and she's asked if I can do a laser show at home for her friends.

After the weekend i'll have much more time to get to grips with things, but for now I just need some beams coming out of my projector

HELLLLLLLLP !!!!!

Cheers

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I will read the instructions (honest) but it's my daughters 14th Birthday tomorrow and she's asked if I can do a laser show at home for her friends.
    If your daughter only had been 2 years older I would have helped you

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    If your daughter only had been 2 years older I would have helped you

Reminds me of the time when I was preparing a meal. I had just been using a carving knife to chop up some meat when the doorbell rang. My hands were messy and the knife had blood on it, I went to the front door and opened it. There was this young lad standing there staring at me looking real frightened. He stuttered "Is ..<Name>.. in?

I said i'd call her, but as I moved away from the door he made a run for it. I guess the sight of a scruffy bloke with bloodied hands holding a knife was too much for him. Needless to say i've never seen him since

My eldest daughter (16yrs old) has never forgiven me for that

Now then, back on topic... can anyone help me?????

Oh, and keep your thoughts to yourself about my daughter!

Jem

LOL ..... brill

Lightbulb

RTFM... I think Bill will probably say WTFDvd...

I know we are doing something with Showtime on Saturday, but most of us don't have LivePro, so I'm not sure if we will do one with that... Wait, dave posted a video about LivePro last night...

Here it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I assume you guys have seen the vid demo here -> http://www.pangolin.com/_Videos/LivePRO_Demo.wmv
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 10-18-2007 at 21:31.

Hi all,

For what it's worth, I got Jem up and running. It was a simple thing... I am sure he will make a post and tell everyone about it.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thanks Bill.

The problem was that I had been running LivePro in 'Demo' mode in order to see what the program could do. When I purchased the 'Full' version and re-started the program lots of functionality was missing. I couldn't even see the online/offline button, it just didn't exist no matter what usermode the software was in.

What had happened was that whilst 'playing' with the 'Demo' version I had switched usermodes to the 'simple' interface. When I got the full version the program started up in the 'simple' interface and wouldn't switch back to the 'advanced' interface.

Bill suggested that I deleted the 'LivePro.ini' file which I duly did. Apparently if the file doesn't exist it is re-constructed on LivePro startup. Once I had done this everything worked perfectly.

So, I will now read the Fu*!#ng Manual and watch the Fu*!#ng DVD

Cheers

Jem

we should arrange a meet for all people with the FB3 and get someone who knows what there doing to give a demo plus Q&A
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    we should arrange a meet for all people with the FB3 and get someone who knows what there doing to give a demo plus Q&A
    But i'm using a QM2000.Net system, can't I come too?

Jem

I'll get some good video of Hayden's tutorial on Showtime Live at FLEM. Once I get it digitized and edited I'll put it up on the FTP server. That might help.

None of the folks that will be at FLEM 1.5 have a license for Live pro yet. (Well, except for Clandestiny, perhaps.) Still, since Bill will be there, maybe we can get him to put on a short demonstration on his laptop...

Adam