Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30K Scanners on E-Bay

Default 30K Scanners on E-Bay

SCANPRO30, 30k Scanner Galvo Laser Show DPSS Argon

from "Lasershow parts" on E-bay. Are these Any good??

I may be wrong here, but i think i saw that user here on this forum. i tried searching, didnt really come up with anything though. anyone have any first hand experiences with these?? comparable to cambridge??
    thanks in advance!
    -GLL

Thumbs up

dave and aijii are the sellers from eBay and both members here. They also have a website off eBay.

I bought a set of these about a year ago and they have been great. I just had to RMA them, but as they are/were my first set of scanners, I may have been a little rough on them. My Y galvo started to overshoot. Not sure what causes this, but with my room, I have a small "throw" and used a slightly larger scan angle than they were rated but also dropped the PPS. I also am not great with electricity and have had a few wiring mishaps...

As for service, they are great! dave is usually logged in here and has helped me though several of my mishaps. When my Y galvo stated to have issues, dave got me off my ass to send them back so I wouldn't go beyond my warrenty. I just got them back today. I think it took about 3 weeks round trip, including the week long Chinese Holiday that started the day I mailed them...

I would definatly recommend them to anyone. I also have a set of the scanco20ks that they donated to the SELEM door prize stash. I'm a winner!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

I am currently working on a review of those scanners. If you can wait a while, I'll be happy to share the results. If you're in a hurry, I can say that a lot of people here like them. (Both the scanners themselves as well as the cool guys at LaserShowParts.com)

Adam

I was lucky to get 2 sets of CT 6800HP. The life span of those galvos are about 10-15 years. Yes they are 1000$ for a set but they will last very long.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

hey guys...

as always, thank you for your replies and expertiese. buffo, lemme know when your review is done. i have heard nothing but good things about these. and "Aijii" has returned all my emails and questions. seems like a great seller and great product. gotta say, im impressed!
    -GLL

I bought a set of the 30k galvos. Not the pro ones with closed loop.

For home use is open loop galvos okay for beam, text and animation shows?. This is a home setup just for fun and not for pubs or club use.

Cheers
    XG

Lightbulb

I'm not sure but I don't think openm loop scanners are good for text or animations, maybe for beams.

as far as i know the eco and pro versions are both closed loop

and all the 30K scanners i have seen have been closed loop

open loop scanners like the Gen scanning G124s are really only good for about 12k and thats with a good amp board there are ways to improve position control by monitoring the back EMF from the coil, so it may be yours work like that, just guessing

hopefully Dave can verify

all the best ... Karl

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    as far as i know the eco and pro versions are both closed loop

and all the 30K scanners i have seen have been closed loop

Yea, I agree with Karl. I don't think dave sells any open loop scanners.

He sells the SCANPRO30 - 30kpps and the SCANECO30 - 30kpps.
    For the Pro it says "The driver board features differential inputs and feedback outputs."
    For the Eco it says it has differential inputs but does not mention the feedback output.

Cheers
    XG