Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSI G120D galvos. Are they any good?

save the gas lasers! unless its knackered.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    save the gas lasers! unless its knackered.
    like the laser is 22K US$ new, and that short tube will run off single phase 220, with a different supply, We will forgive you ONCE! Anyways scoring a projector is cool. Save the g120s, we can help you get them going , even if its open loop. They are good for beginners and hard to kill ran open loop. Wheres the control console?
    (hint hint, probably at the DJ's booth or house)

Steve Roberts

damn that reminds me of this deal that wen south a few weeks back
    basically this huge mega club was going out of biz and they were selling of the whole lighting rig and sound
    i went a few days after the auction to see what i could get cheap
    and i ended up getting 17 roboscan 518's (12 work 5 for parts)12 robocolor's 400 pro
    2 golden scan 575 1 studio color with lcd controller(this one is sweet cmy color mixing moving head fernel) 1 half of a studio color that works perfect except for the missing parts and 2 lightwave research viper lasers(with 2 apertures each) one hene one greene
    15 4" mirrors/mounts and 6 8" mirrors/mounts
    i got all that for $1500
    so after my car was packed the LD asked me to go into the Attic to see some laser gear
    so i went up and there a buried under a ton of broken crap lights and junk was full laser net table( http://www.lasernet.com/products_laserpro.htm ) with an I90 /supply
    and a rack mount lasernet keystone/geometric corrector(imagemax) one color box(color maxjr) it seems that its a gm 20 controller and the amps are inside one lasernet dmx touch panel and a rack Mount power supply for the colorbox and corrector
    so i offered them $400 for all the laser gear
    and they said fine but i had no room for it in the car i had with me (pluss it was backed to ball with all lighting equipment i just bought)
    so the ld (who is a good friend) told me to come back in 2 day as that was the next time he would be there
    so i went back with $400 in hand went in the attic and apparently the whole place had been cleaned out with just a few parts and some junk left
    so just for shits i started digging through the crap (i already knew it couldn't be there how can you miss a 6' table )
    the only thing i found in the pile was the geometric corrector and the other laser net controllers i spoke of above and the only part of the table left was one mm1
    and after a little investigation i found out the Mexican clean up crew put all the stuff up in the Attic in the trash and out the door ( looked in every trash bin on site but no luck) i can almost lay wages that the table went for mongo(scrap aluminum)

I think I have a scan of the schematics for the laser artistry amps to drive the g120s. will see what i can dig up. I am still consolidating all my files from several computers to two computers. one is a constant backup of the other

Lightbulb

DAMN VJ!!! I would have gone home the first day, unloaded the car and came back the same day. Or, unloaded the lights to make room for the lasers stuff.

it was like 10pm and they wanted to close the space
    and i was assured that no one else besides me and the ld knew it was there it wasnt even pulled out of the junk to be put on sale
    so i thought it was safe

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    it was like 10pm and they wanted to close the space
    and i was assured that no one else besides me and the ld knew it was there it wasnt even pulled out of the junk to be put on sale
    so i thought it was safe
    Should have been on the front door step in a tent like buying some good concert tickets. O, you in NYC, , nevermind.

i had even told them that it was toxic to throw in a dumpster
    (beryllium dust)