Thread: Look at what I am stuck with... Hurry Adam!!! ;)

Exclamation Look at what I am stuck with... Hurry Adam!!! ;)

Since I dragged my ass getting my 30ks shipped for RAM and then got them back a lil late, Adam stole them at FLEM, to do a reivew on them when he gets back up to South Carolina, and also took my 20ks to trade with dreams beamz. So I have NO scanners in my lil RGB projector.

So I now have to improvise to get my luminary fix... I dragged out an old Laser FX that I have butchered, put in a MM1 w/mirror, pulled of a side panel on the projector, a lil alignment, and now I have a single axis, sound modulated, RGB laser show.

If anyone has seen a Laser FX in action this is very similar as the mirror motion is the same. My camera only shows a bunch of squiggly lines due to the exposure time. I was going to make a movie, but I was capturing video from FLEM. I use the Winamp plug in for Pangolin to make things interesting and keep the colors changing. I just let it do a 5 second random swap on effects. The Gmack.mp3 put on a nice show. Although it is NOT as fun as watching beamshows or graphic show on a set of good scanners, it will do for now. So, hurry up Adam!!! Please...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

that is 2 axis or the show would either be a straight line vertical or horizontal but not both ( ie no Lissajous like patterns)
    I'm thinking its some kind of spinning mirror setup

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Lightbulb

No, you've never hear of a Laser FX. They used to sell em in Spencer's Gifts. It is a voice coil with two rubber straps strung over it and glued to it, then a mirror is attached to the rubber straps in a way that gives it a little vibrating room. The voice coil moves the straps to the beat of the music, mainly the low frequencies, and the way the mirror is attached gies in enough elasticity to get a fairly unique pattern on every beat. I say single axis because there is only one mirror moving. I am sure it is the wrong term to use. I'm jst BSin for sympathy anyways.

The original model uses a specialy made bulb and a hole plate to make a "beam" of light that went though a color cellophane disk with RGBY sections. The colored disk is mounted on a motor that turns a little with each beat to change colors. It is pretty cool and is what got me hooked on lasers. If you look around candlepower forums there is a thread where someone else took one apart and put in a handheld unit. I kinda hijacked the thread.

lolz, nice. you could always come up here for charlottes halloween party with adam and I. Get your galvos a day early. I am sure Icey will play a Crystal Method track in his set, lol

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    lolz, nice. you could always come up here for charlottes halloween party with adam and I. Get your galvos a day early. I am sure Icey will play a Crystal Method track in his set, lol
    That'd be nice, but I have two days of training to do here at work on Nov 1st and 2nd... I'll be OK. This just makes me get creative when I have gotten bored with an effect, I have to make a new one. It would be nice to see a graphic show now and then though.

and oh yeh, i still have my spencers laser fx from 1998. so what your saying is, you want this instead of GSIs

party is on 10/27 ::

Thumbs down

and oh yeh, i still have my spencers laser fx from 1998. so what your saying is, you want this instead of GSIs

party is on 10/27 ::

No... I have 4 of these suckers lying around. I even have one of them in it's box in close to mint condition. I think I am in more need of the G120s at the moment.

You mean the Icey party is in 10/27? That is an important day from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

No... I have 4 of these suckers lying around. I even have one of them in it's box in close to mint condition. I think I am in more need of the G120s at the moment.

You mean the Icey party is in 10/27? That is an important day from what I understand.
    yeh, thats the date. anyhow. PM me your address. gonna ship your GSIs to you since adam is basically already holding the 20ks in escrow if you will. Should make you come up here for the show. Two RGB lasers and 4 greens FTW

Lightbulb

yeh, thats the date. anyhow. PM me your address. gonna ship your GSIs to you since adam is basically already holding the 20ks in escrow if you will. Should make you come up here for the show. Two RGB lasers and 4 greens FTW
    PM sent. If I had the flow I'd be there. I haven't seen Icey spin in a long time. That'd be a nice present.