Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants keyswitches?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Who wants keyswitches?

I just came into a small pile of the classic A126 laser keyswitch. Some coherent, all omnichrome, some ALC, and many medical lasers use this switch unit.

20$ each plus 4$ priority mail.

These lock the key in at position one, and release the key at position zero, so they are IEC/CDRH/BRH etc compliant. Of course the contacts close when the key is in the locked position.

Units are pigtailed with two wire leads a few inches long and are new in the bag.

PM me if interested, I have quite a few of them, and are selling them to pay for my SELEM trip.

Steve

pm sent
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

PM sent.

your ripping yourself off on the priority mail shipping. priority mail at its cheapest is around $5, however you can ship them as a first class parcel with delivery confirmation for around $1.50 and first class works just as quick as priority.

Cool

Yeah, I agree. Steve - you need to charge more than $4 if you're planning to send it Priority Mail. The fee has gone up. I think it's $4.95 for the flat-rate envelope (or the small box), and delivery confirmation is another 75 cents, so you're looking at $5.70 total...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I just came into a small pile of the classic A126 laser keyswitch. Some coherent, all omnichrome, some ALC, and many medical lasers use this switch unit.

20$ each plus 4$ priority mail.

These lock the key in at position one, and release the key at position zero, so they are IEC/CDRH/BRH etc compliant. Of course the contacts close when the key is in the locked position.

Units are pigtailed with two wire leads a few inches long and are new in the bag.

PM me if interested, I have quite a few of them, and are selling them to pay for my SELEM trip.

Steve
    Steve, Are they DPDT? Do you have a pic of one? Thanks again! Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markerney View Post
    Steve, Are they DPDT? Do you have a pic of one? Thanks again! Mark

No, these are SPST , but I have some that are ON-OFF-ON, key removable only in OFF, that have 3 sets of poles, ( 3 wires, NO, common, and NC) and could be wired DPDT, I'm sure.

Steve

No, these are SPST , but I have some that are ON-OFF-ON, key removable only in OFF, that have 3 sets of poles, ( 3 wires, NO, common, and NC) and could be wired DPDT, I'm sure.

Steve
    Cool Steve. Does that meet the FDA/ILDA requirements? I thought it had to throw both the neutral and the load. I thought there could be absolutely no potential when in the off position. So just key switching the LOAD side is acceptable? Thanks again friend! Your knowledge is priceless! Mark

You just switch the load. NO dpdt required.

The requirement is for a simple loop, with double switches only on the access panels, ie two microswitches in series on the removable panels, to prevent failure if the switch sticks. But many systems only end up with one switch anyways, and if you use a nonstandard security screw, and word your variance carefully, you can even get rid of the "In Projector" sensing portion of the interlock and just have a shutter inside. Since the keyswitch is for the operator, there is no requirement for redundant keyswitches. Belive it or not, the emission indicator and key is not for the public, nor physical security, it is to help the operator know the status of the system! At least thats what the relevent advisory letter says.

Steve

You just switch the load. NO dpdt required.

The requirement is for a simple loop, with double switches only on the access panels, ie two microswitches in series on the removable panels, to prevent failure if the switch sticks. But many systems only end up with one switch anyways, and if you use a nonstandard security screw, and word your variance carefully, you can even get rid of the "In Projector" sensing portion of the interlock and just have a shutter inside. Since the keyswitch is for the operator, there is no requirement for redundant keyswitches. Belive it or not, the emission indicator and key is not for the public, nor physical security, it is to help the operator know the status of the system! At least thats what the relevent advisory letter says.

Steve
    Excellent information Steve! While we are on the subject .... what is the average total cost to maintain a variance now days? Where can I find "current" information on the requirements/guidelines that is easy to understand? Have the requirements changed much since the 1990s? Thanks again friend! P.S. I may pick up a couple of key switches from you later if you still have them. Wish I could see a picture. We love pics! Mark