Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The dream beamz 1.7watt RGB beast is back :)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I spent quite a good deal of time tuning these; they're tighter than 10 virgins now!

Adam
    Hey... That's not fair. I guess I'll have to take the g120s to someone local to get them tuned.

Damn - Bill Benner wrote the book on those galvos. (The G120's) If he can't tune them, no one can. (Too bad you couldn't score a set of the turbotrack amps he designed for them. That would really rock!) But the G120's are damn fine units, and I know Bill will get you running right.

Adam

Talking

Your item was processed and left our ORLANDO, FL 32862 facility on October 24, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Enroute to Tavares, no doubt. You'll have them tomorrow.

Adam

nice, glad to see this priority mail package actually offered some tracking

the nice thing about the gsi galvos your getting is that these are gsi amps. most of the sets I had involved laser artistry amps that didnt do too well

Red face

Yea... but you have my power supply. I am going to use the PSU from the 30ks... I just realized that. Although the minisax pdf says +/- 15 to 24 volt. My fan psu is =/- 15 to 18 I think. It looks a lot like the one in the picture above that is for the scanners, right next to the green's driver in the top right.

Cool

I'll get the PSU in the mail back to you (along with the 30K units) as soon as I finish the review.

Adam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I'll get the PSU in the mail back to you (along with the 30K units) as soon as I finish the review.

Adam
    That's cool man. I had a BIG grin on my face when I checked the tracking. Then I remembered about the PSU. And the grin disappeared. I think the PSU I use for the fans will work.

Cool

So long as they're dual polarity and can deliver at least a couple amps, yeah. I wouldn't bother wasting Bill's time tuning them though, until you get the correct PSU. (Unless you are SURE that your PSU can deliver both + and - voltage at the correct level, and with enough current, that is.)

The PSU's I used at FLEM were +/- 24 volts at 5.2 amps. They could in theory drive two sets of scanners!

Adam

Man I cant get over the size of that red beam... I cant wait to see pictures of it running with the 20k galvos. Your power meter has seen better days...