Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGB in an LT1000??

Quote Originally Posted by ljk View Post
    Jim,

I know in conversations with Marc that he has a RGB up and running in a LT1000. I do not know what laser modules he is using. Send him a PM he will get back to you shortly. He is a great guy to work with.

LJ
    I couldn't agree more, Marc is a great guy to work with. I have been hesitant to PM him as he has spent hours on the phone with me in the last few weeks and has yet to see dime one from me. I hope to get an order placed soon.

Jim

Thanks LJ and Jim for the kind words. Very much appreciated!!

"Marc,

Did you ever determine if it was feasable to fit all of the RGB components in an LT1000? If so could you list your (CT Lasers) Part numbers of the modules that you used?"

-An RGB up to probably approx 3 Watts could EASILY fit inside of an LT1000 projector enclosure. if the picture gallery was up here (what is wrong with that by the way?), you could see how i laid my first RGB out. that was approx 1W. i am a BIG believer in the dual level design. electronics on top, lasers and optics on the bottom. IMO- it is more efficient that way for cooling AND it provides the most easily accessible real estate to mount all of your lasers.

Honestly, almost any of my lasers will be suitable in an LT1000. if you start getting into watt range lasers, you *may* run into an issue of running out of room. but i HIGHLY doubt it.

I just laid out a 1.2W 532 green (wasnt mine), 2X 450mW 635's and 2x 473 lasers on a optical table the size of an LT1000 and it all fit (just wanted to see a layout i was pondering). it was tight, but it all fit.

Jim-

i know you were looking into a 2W green and possibly adding on later. i really think you will be fine adding on to this to make an RGB. OBVIOUSLY if you DO NOT try to balance your Red and Blue purchase with your green laser. THEN you will need a SERIOUS enclosure!! you'd be pushing ~6W of red. ~4.5W Blue!!! that would need an LT100,000 and a second mortgage! LOL...

I have been hesitant to PM him as he has spent hours on the phone with me in the last few weeks and has yet to see dime one from me. I hope to get an order placed soon.

-Please dont EVER be hesitant to contact me!! I help people as much as i can here. Whether you buy something from me or not. everyone on this forum is like that! im not helping you or anyone else just hopeing youll buy something. so please, feel free to PM me, Email me, call me, IM me, page me, smoke signal me, S.O.S. me, post a message to me, dedicate a song to me (please dont do that!!) or write me a letter ANY TIME ya want!!!

now, whats your damn Amex platinum card account #????

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks Marc, I'll be in touch.