Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGB in an LT1000??

Default RGB in an LT1000??

OK,

for you pros out there...

Do you think a RGB system (approx 1.5 W) will fit COMPLETE in an LT1000 projector?? i have my 3W yag in one with PLENTY of room, but obviously thats only ONE module. 3 modules in an LT1000??

(12X24X12) all electronics and modules?? or do you think it will be too tight?

anyone else know of manufaturers of projectors? (certified and not) JUST the casings. NOT complete systems.

thanks in advance!!

-Marc

Have to disappoint you but there is only 2 ways of lasershows. You build your gear yourself or you buy already premade. There is no middle people. To make cases you need to design it yourself or get someone to design and bring those blueprints to a machine shop. 12X24X12... I really doubt it will fit in there. Because if you will balance your Green the you will need a very powerfull lasers. Laser heads will fit but power supplys.... no
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Hi,

Try OneStopLaserShop they have all sorts of parts including hardware..

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

I fit all of my 1.7 watt RGB in a 12 x 12 x 24 case. I dont think marc is shooting for color bounce, like me he uses full auto and does mostly beam work. Marc, you buy the stuff, drive down here and I will put it together with you. Call me

Cool

Dr Laser is incorrect. There *are* companies that will sell you an empty projector case, complete with a CDRH variance even - if that's what you want. Once you add your own lasers you still need to re-file of course, but it makes it easier on you. This was New Method Lasers' bread and butter for a while.

And, as Pitts pointed out, OneStopLaserShop.com has taken over support for all the things that NML used to handle. (I understand that Bob Ash is out of the picture now.) They're selling the same enclosures that NML had, among other things. The enclosures come in various sizes, all drilled and tapped for 1/4 inch 20 tpi hardware (1 inch centers), and if you want the variance, they can do that too. But watch out - they're expensive!

Still, I've seen quite a few of their cases, and they're damn near bullet-proof. Amanda and Fred (folks at OneStopLaserShop) are new members here in the forums. You might want to send them a PM and see if what they have will work for you.

Adam

yeah im VERY familiar with one stop!!!
    GREAT guys (and girls...) over there!!

and thats what i was refering to when i said will it fit in an LT1000 case? LT1000 is a 1stop projector.

im very familiar with the paperwork involved and certifying new systems. done a few myself. reason i was asking for pre-certified was because im kinda in a time crunch (AS ALWAYS IT SEEMS!) so was wondering if there were any other sources known out there other than 1 stop.
    they are a teeny-weeny-bit pricey!! (sorry one stop) but WELL worth it, i know!

im looking at CNI modules and combined total of about 800mW. i should be ok fitting it in the LT1000 im hoping!?!?! power supplies and all?? any thoughts?

-GLL

OSLS sucks, I mean they are just awful!!! Being that said I really think they will be able to assist you by any means as much as humanly possible to assure that your projector will absolutely pass CDRH inspection requirements with flying colors!!!

Lol...

OSLS- its SOOOOO great calling that company now and actually talking to someone!! and who ACTUALLY wants to help their customers!!!

ok- enough Nicey nicey talking!!! george- i will be in contact you VERY shortly! got a lot of stuff coming up.

laser ben- sent ya a present did ya get it?

goodnight all! just got back from a show and marc is TIIIIRED!!!

Marc,

Did you ever determine if it was feasable to fit all of the RGB components in an LT1000? If so could you list your (CT Lasers) Part numbers of the modules that you used?

Thanks again for all your help.

Jim

Jim,

I know in conversations with Marc that he has a RGB up and running in a LT1000. I do not know what laser modules he is using. Send him a PM he will get back to you shortly. He is a great guy to work with.

LJ