Thread: My first lasershow

Default My first lasershow

Greetings, this site was recommended to me by a guy who develops the Moncha/Fiesta lasershow software that i might get some good tips here. I'm just a fan of lasers, no professional but maybe someday i might become one as i don't want to do IT for the rest of my life. So if you guys could have a look at this and tell me some criticism and/or tips&tricks how to improve, i'd be grateful. Show is done in Moncha software. It's more of a testing of the possibilities of the program than some real creative work - you can see i used mostly predefined effects from the default Moncha workspaces. Some very simple effects i created myself. Enough of the chitchat here's the link:

Giuseppe Ottaviani feat. Stephen Pickup - No More Alone (Original Mix) - lasershow

Software used: Moncha 2.1
    Projector: Laserworld PRO400-RGY (limited to 30kpps by the software)

Pretty good first show

I'd recommend trying to fade/morph stuff in etc, instead of just changing instantly. Just have a bit of a muck around with the various effects. That will make it look that little bit more professional

Welcome to the forum, too!
    Last edited by Things; 09-16-2009 at 04:31.

Smile

Hello dzodzo! Welcome to PhotonLexicon.

Congratulations on finishing your first laser show. I liked a lot of those effects; evidently Moncha comes with quite a library of frames.

Where are you located? (You didn't fill out your profile information when you signed up.) If you complete your profile information, you might find that there are other laser enthusiasts near you. We frequently hold "laser enthusiast meetings" where people get together, set up their projectors, and just have fun for a day or two watching shows and comparing notes. I think you'd enjoy attending one of these events, assuming you are within traveling distance to one.

Adam

Thanks for the tips, i see it's not so good to fill in each possible part of the show with some scene so i'll try to have the dark passages in the next ones, hope it'll get better. But i understand that there are not only predefined synchronized shows but there is also the "live" performance. Is it necessary to know what sort of music will be played to prepare the effects? Like synchronize the scenes to certain bpm speed or so? Many questions i know but i'm just so excited about all the possibilities.

Well done, nice work

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Very nice- I look forward to seeing more!
    Thanks, Mike

I think you've made quite a nice start. My best suggestion is to keep playing around, and feel out the software, see what you can come up with.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Nice start

I wouldn't recommend this show for audience scanning, allot of effect are zoomed out to the center of the image. this results in hazardous beams.
    With those effects its best to fade them out when the frame gets small or keep the beam moving out of the center.

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    Thanks for the tips, i see it's not so good to fill in each possible part of the show with some scene so i'll try to have the dark passages in the next ones, hope it'll get better. But i understand that there are not only predefined synchronized shows but there is also the "live" performance. Is it necessary to know what sort of music will be played to prepare the effects? Like synchronize the scenes to certain bpm speed or so? Many questions i know but i'm just so excited about all the possibilities.
    That's where the live control part of Moncha comes in. Not sure if you can have an audio input to Moncha though. It's not really necessary to know the music, but it can help greatly. I have run a few shows not knowing any songs bein played and it went smoothly. Best way is to just use your common sense. For fast parts of the song, turn on the laser, when the song finishes, turn it off etc etc.