Thread: 3D Studio and Cinema 4D

Default 3D Studio and Cinema 4D

I'm glad someone caught this at FLEM, I hope Aseras doesn't mind me using it! For those of you folks out there slaving over creating frames for a laser show, myself included, this 3D Studio Max or Cinema 4D plug-in is the answer to all your problems! I knew that using these plug-ins were suppose to make creating shows easy and fast, but I just didn't know how easy and quick it is. The demo that Bill gave at FLEM was great! The shadowing effect is brilliant! A frame like the one above can be made in less than a minute and about the same time needed to create a nice little animation with it. All while rendering live to the QM2K and playing directly on your laser projector. Here's a great video on the Pangolin web site: http://www.pangolin.com/images/Tutor...DLCMax_214.jpg

Save your pennies!!!

Lightbulb

David, that is a jpeg, not a video... It did look pretty amazing though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

how much?

does it work with fb3??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

how much?

does it work with fb3??
    No it doesn't work with the fb3, maybe someday it will. Right now you would need the QM2K plus the cost of the plug in as well as either Cinema 4D or 3D Studio, both very expensive programs. So, it would end up costing more that the QM2K's weight in gold!

pfffffffffffff

they should make an affordable version for the fb3

im sure lots of people would buy it
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    pfffffffffffff

they should make an affordable version for the fb3

im sure lots of people would buy it
    Problem though, is that you need the host software to go with the QM2K, such as 3D Studio Max. Just looked online and the "List" price for 3D Studio Max 2008 is $3495! Then you would need a QM2K Pro... Not cheap, but just look at what can be done with! What I think would be great is if Pangolin incorporates a lot of the features of 3D Studio and Cinema 4D into Lasershow Designer so you wouldn't need the other software packages. That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Problem though, is that you need the host software to go with the QM2K, such as 3D Studio Max. Just looked online and the "List" price for 3D Studio Max 2008 is $3495! Then you would need a QM2K Pro... Not cheap, but just look at what can be done with! What I think would be great is if Pangolin incorporates a lot of the features of 3D Studio and Cinema 4D into Lasershow Designer so you wouldn't need the other software packages. That would be awesome!
    if they incorporate the 3D modelling studio into their own program for unchanged price, i'm taking a mortgage to buy it

Wink

There is always Beyond...