Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally have something to show

OOOhhhh, how nice it is to NOT have to worry about crowd scanning!!!

Great looking projector though! looks very well balanced. are you running 650/660 or 635 for your 500mW red? i am assuming 635 cuz of your 400mW green.

nice job!!!

-Marc

Welcome to Canada hey! Looks like the only land of free left in the world.
    There are of cuz limitations and rules. But crowed scanning is allowed.
    My 500mw (CNI)is 635 but after full warm up makes very close to 575mw. Green is 400 (CNI) which on full warm up makes close to 500mw. And Lasever which makes about 205mw on full warm up. The balance is mini-littte bit off because of blue. I say another 50mw of blue will make it perfectly balanced.
    So basically 600mwX500mwX200mw. You can see there is my second projector which is only 300 mw. 80 green 200 red and 50 blue. You can barely see it. Soon it'll be taken for parts and rebuild with proper matching power. Call it power obsession.!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

thats some very hot animations

im guessing there not freeware???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Here is some pictures from Halloween party.

REST @ http://photohwy.smugmug.com/gallery/3775803#217469240

Yowzer looks like a great party. The lasers look nice too

Dr. Laser,

What did you use to keep the red beam so tight? Spec? Supplier?
    Thanks

W.
    (I also have a CNI 635nm, 500mW. Beam profile sucks)

635 (Actually all red none DPSS) sucks so bad that it's not funny. There are only 2 ways to solve this problem. One it's with bigger galvos other one is by using a collimator
    (or Galilean's beam-expender-in-reverse aka Galilean's-telescope-in-reverse).

My galvos are 3mm. So first solutions was....useless. For the second one I used a collimator I had in my box of optical parts. I have no clue where it came from and who is a maker of it. Only what I know it came from optical table and it was used for the same purpose (ed. collimating laser beam) It's adjustable from 1 to 10x and have a good fully adjustable mounting platform. The biggest problem is to focus the laser into infinity (that is the must for both solutions...bigger galvos or collimator). CNI focuses it to about 3-5 meters. It's pretty easy to focus a good DPSS to infinity but with non DPSS it's a pain in the ass because of it's horrible specs. I had to mathematically and geometrically calculate this thing. [Both boring the pants off me] (Basically you need to turn the lens 4 full twists deeper into the shaft. ) Then use a collimator to shrink the beam. It's not easy but can be done. Again the main problem is the laser MUST be focused to infinity. If not a collimator will do more damage then good. I was able to get half an inch diameter @ 20 meters. (All pictures and videos show old collimation of inch @ 20 meters) But I believe I can do better then that.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
    So you mean that I should try to have the Laser focus point at infinity?
    and then only introduce a collimator?

From your picture above, it seems that the first lens accelerates the focusing of the laser beam, the second lens stops the focusing effort at the desired beam diameter. Half an inch at 20 meters sounds very good, considering its current beam profile.

Would we be able to achieve a beter beam profile/ collimation if the laser cavity had been longer? I mean, looking at all the older gas lasers, they all had very long lasing cavities and their beams very small and well collimnated.

I would like to see the inside of one of these high power 635nm's. I am assuming the manufacturer has very little optics inside these laser modules in an effort to keep the cost down...?

Maybe I should pose the questions to Guo Dan...?

W.

New short video from todays show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTnOZzIeJ5c

RGB and one Green projector (based on laserbtb replacement they send me instead of dead one ed. see seller review section)

great show combined with fitting music there in the first video, i couldn't watch the rest as it says it's been removed. What program did you use to create and play the show? If it's some freeware utility that might come in handy...