Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody recognise this laser?

Thats right, I forgot

reminded me about a few we had sitting in China, so if anybody wants to make a offer...
    how about 35 bucks?

Well, I got it apart and it's hard to tell if its the diode thats bad or the KTP/crystal-dealy. I dont know how one would go about replacing a diode like this..whew..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct27754.JPG  

Oct27756.JPG  

Oct27757.JPG  

Oct27758.JPG  

Oct27759.JPG  

Any chance of snapping a better shot of the diode? I can't even tell where it is in those pics.

It's the tiny speck in the middle. It blinded the camera once so it might be working- is it possible the crystal got too hot and cracked? Cant see much w/o a microscope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct27761.JPG  

Oct27762.JPG  

Oct27763.JPG  

Oct27764.JPG  

Hmmm. Never seen one of those. Cool. Can you buy replacements like that?

That looks like a 1 watt "C" mount with a fast axis lense. Carefull it looks like it is working to me!!!!! Diodes on ebay...I have a few here if you really need one. I got one of those units somewhere....thought it looked familliar. Very poor heat transfer to the housing. Crystals are probably OK...I drove the set to a really pissed off point...with 2.5 watts of 808. Nearly 165mw before they overtemp'ed and went into destruct mode.The glue joint may have failed. Good parts for low power projects though. Reassemble it and try to find another sweet spot on the crystal by rotating the diode and sink assy. holding the crystal set tightly to the diode mount....leave the screws out of the case and run for short periods or low power....also may try and move diode a bit around the screw's axis.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool, Mike! Thanks- I'll try that. Yeah those cameras can really see the IR. No worries, I just wont look at it again with the remaining eye
    Nothing to joke about , really ..heh..

You mean you had the thing on when you were playing with it and taking the picture? WOAH! Living on the edge, eh?

Viewing it from the pc monitor, not in front of the diode. The only thing in front of the diode was my hand and the web-cam. I may be stupid but I aint dumb