Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody recognise this laser?

Originally quoted by Dave:
    reminded me about a few we had sitting in China, so if anybody wants to make a offer...
    Dave, I may be interested in one of these. Are they the "newer model" as mentioned earlier? How much do you want for one?

Wink

Dammit Steve, you jinxed me... I hooked something up backwards and smoked my greeny also. Since I can't, in good conscious, blame myself... I have to blame you. I haven't taken my diode out to photograph it. If it is dead, can it be replaced? I see the 1W ones on eBay all the time.

hey steve
    shine that 808 diode at a piece of white paper leaving a 6-8 inch gap. Take a photo of the beam pattern - if its a nice stripe with an even distribution of light - diode is likely good. If there are darker bands in the centre - its probably trashed. They dont always go dead and not emit light. If the OC is damaged lasing wont occur - or will be greatly reduced and you will see the damage in the beam pattern.

Also - while watching it on the monitor ramp the current up - you should see some light then a big step in light output as lasing begins at the threshold. If damaged this could still occur but it will be a really wimpy jump in output power.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

When you disassembled the laser did you notice if it had an IR filter in it or not?

Thanks Rob, but I've got other plans for it now and have removed the diode and the KTP. The diode is now being used for a dummy load (on a heat-sink) for a driver I'm experimenting with, and the housing/ optics might be seeing rome red soon If it'll work.
    I'm just gonna get a new greenie if Dave will give me a reply. No IR filter as far as I could tell.
    Allthat- Long-distance jinx? hehe.. sorry to hear that we're in the same boat and smoked our lasers. Fortunately 50-60mw green ones arent too expensive..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    No IR filter as far as I could tell.
    That is disturbing since I was told that it had one by Aixiz.

Maybe they started putting them on the later models..

Originally quoted by DreamBeams:

I have tons of extra power supplies for this. If you need one (cant tell if u took the pics or they are someones stock photos) PM me your address and one is yours for the low price of free
    Well.. if you wanna throw one in the the box..

No IR filter as far as I could tell.

I may be wrong I did see a small square piece of glass right after the IR pump 808 diode that I missed during a preliminary exam that may be it...
    The seller said that it had no IR filter tho..

Steve the ir filter would not work if placed directly after the diode as the ir pump light would not get into the vandate!
    Are you sure this glass window is not the vandate if the xtal is not a composite.
    Ir filters have a very definite blue tint - if anything I would describe vandate as having a slight grey tint - though very faint.
    Look closely at the edges for signs of coatings the side facing the diode should have HT 808 HR 532 HR 1064 and the other end should be HR 808 HT 532 HT 1064.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk