Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dream beamz 1.7watt RGB beast is back :)

Default The dream beamz 1.7watt RGB beast is back :)

CNI 1 watt 532nm green
    Lasever 500mw 635nm red
    Lasever 200mw 473nm blue

Before I get the usually bashing for using the 10k galvos with crappy mirrors, please understand the beam on the red is huge, so huge it doesnt fit all the way on the mirrors even. I still get 20mw loss from the beam being too big. In good news, when I see adam this weekend I will get to replace my 10ks with 20ks from allthat.

Also, the configuration has alot to do with the red, instead of the typical green then red then blue I used green then blue then red. I needed the red as close the the galvos as possible

Special thanks to Mike for making the shims, these things work perfectly. My lasevers dont get hot at all. Fantastic. I also think this has alot to do with lasevers new design as well. I have been runing my laser for 2 days straight and power levels are still normal, well cept for the blue is now doing 210mw instead of 190mw.

Things to note. I replaced my two 5volt supplies from lasever with these. One of these runs both the red and the blue. Good at space saving plus lasevers got rather hot since they had no way to heatsink.
    5V DC 10A 50W Regulated Switching Power Supply
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230183445448

I also bought a triple mode power supply to run my fans, shutter and led
    Triple Output Regulated Switching Power Supply
    12vdc +/- at 1amp and 5vdc at 5amp
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230184087083

I highly recommend those power supplies but the shipping from that seller took a week before it was even sent out.

Picture of shims
    Last edited by dream beamz; 10-23-2007 at 22:45.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Before I get the usually bashing for using the 10k galvos with crappy mirrors, please understand the beam on the red is huge, so huge it doesnt fit all the way on the mirrors even. I still get 20mw loss from the beam being too big. In good news, when I see adam this weekend I will get to replace my 10ks with 20ks from allthat.
    If you were using a higher frequency red you would have that problem... That beam does look wide in those pics. I like the beam stop you have for the red after the dichro. Seems like the only way to go with these boxes is to mount stuff up top too. Does your's weight a ton too?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    If you were using a higher frequency red you would have that problem... That beam does look wide in those pics. I like the beam stop you have for the red after the dichro. Seems like the only way to go with these boxes is to mount stuff up top too. Does your's weight a ton too?
    Its heavy but much better than toting around a large frame argon. Mounting up top in my opinion is better. Keeps the power supply heat away from the diodes, etc. And if I got the 1 watt lasever 660nm red, the beam specs would still be this bad. Until Marconi breaks the 1 watt mark with two of his reds we are SOL for beam quality on red. That is unless I want to break out my huge ass krypton lasers

oh yeh, beam block was there for photo purposes only, when I have the cover on it will take care of that. I also just ordered some better dichros to cut the loss a tad

How would you rate the Lasever blue? I'm considering buying one to match the 450mW red I have!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Wow very nice! I see that the red is different as well. Guess they changed them all to the new design.

How would you rate the Lasever blue? I'm considering buying one to match the 450mW red I have!
    Hey, if I can shave 1/8" off the top of them with a table saw and it still works, I'd say its pretty good!

I'd have just used the band saw. Much cleaner cut and less vibration.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I don't want to tease you, but I've been playing with these 20K galvos for a little while now, and I gotta say that they are really nice.

I haven't finished putting everything together yet for the review, but all the tests are done (at least for the 20K units; still need to do all the work on the 30K units.)

Anyway, just to give you a taste, I'll show you a couple pics from the up-coming review...

Here is a shot of these scanners running at 20Kpps at 10.5 degrees scan angle. (Not bad for an "affordable" set of scanners, eh?)

OK - this next picture is just for you George. I know you wanted large mirrors for your fat red beam. Well, have a look at the size of the mirrors on these scanners:

I think that will be big enough... What do you think?

Adam

Lightbulb

I dunno man, that red looks like it has a big beam. How big are the mirrors on the 10Ks?

looks like the mirrors on the 20ks are slightly smaller. But yeh, those pics are making me so hot right now. Seems I can make a decent image with my RGB now

Cool

Yeah... The graphics will look great. Hell, the test pattern looks great! (I didn't post that one yet - probably should have.) But you'll be pleased, I promise. I spent quite a good deal of time tuning these; they're tighter than 10 virgins now!

Adam