Thread: laser beam size

Default laser beam size

at least hes an honest seller to put me off buying one of his lasers
    is one maxyz going to be enough to go with my 100mw green,
    will i get anything like yellow out or just light green
    thats why i was looking at the more powerfull cni from
    dave

Lightbulb

O yes, dave is honest, brutely sometimes.

I'm not sure about your 100mW. I have a 30mW green that balances well with the maxyz and they both go well with my 50mW CNI blue. Is your green analog modulated? If yes, you can make a good yellow by turning it down when yellow is used and still use it full power for green. If not, then your yellow will have a green tint to it.

Cool

200 mw of red (660 nm) mixed with 100 mw of green (532) *will* make a yellow, but it will be a bright yellow with a hint of green in it. Deep, golden yellow and orange will not look right, however.

It's a start, but eventually you're going to want to add a second maxyz module to get better color balance.

Don't let that put you off though. You can have a lot of fun with just the 200 mw of red. And if your green laser supports analog modulation, then you can dial it back and get a perfect balance.

Once people get a balanced projector, I think they can become "color snobs" if they're not careful; they deride anything that isn't perfect. (I know I've been guilty of this in the past.) But for someone that has never seen red and green mixed together, that first yellow beam is a sight to behold! So go ahead and do it. Like I said, you can always add a second Maxyz module later. (That's what I did...)

Adam

PS: I second the notion that Dave at Lasershowparts.com is an honest seller - even if it costs him a sale. That's cool.