Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's something for us mad scientists...

Post Here's something for us mad scientists...

Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

Lightbulb

I never really considred myself a mad scientist, just mad really...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

If someone could actually show me an antigravity device that worked.... Or an overunity machine for 'free' energy... On the one hand there's nothing magical about overunity, a lump of coal is overunity. Though I always thought coal was kind of magical. Thing is, every time I hear about one of these things, it seems vague, it's never conclusive, never widely reproduced, if at all, and there's always a STRONG suggestion that someone has misunderstood something basic somewhere. And, there's usually a patent. A person can patent almost anything, if they want to.

Probably the coolest patent I accidentally bumped into was the 'Windhexe', a small vortex in a metal funnel that works like a cyclone to make shear forces capable of force drying seeds, or bits of fruit, or even of pulversising chunks of concrete. That actually works, apparently. others I've heard of but not found myself, are various ways of pumping heat. Vortex tubes (used to cool electronics, and cakes), helmholtz resonator type thingers that use sound waves to do it, and another involving magnets, I think. That last one's for real, it's possible it has a Carnot efficiency to rival the domestic fridge, in which case it might phase out compressors and refrigerants. It has something to do with a spinning disk that rapidly transfers heat energy in the presence of magnetism. Can't remember details though.

Another was the NovaLux RGB laser TV. Weren't those supposed to be in the shops by now? I guess not too many of us will be surprised if they aren't.

Wink

Ever the optimist...

Heh,

Awe now, come on... I know there is a few mad hatters here

Now, watching John Hutchinson, Now thats a knob twiddler..He did have quite the odd collection of old WWII gear at his apartment. Finding a place to sleep without having gear fall on your head would prove interesting.
    Still, I didnt see any quantitive results , just a few random events..maybe related to his PK ability.
    His Crystal Battery had me remembering as a child (8 or so) I threw together some rocks and stuff and called it my dialithium battery for lack of anything better to call it, I got in trouble from the science teacher as he thought I was putting together drugs from my parents cabinet..Heh, It did put out some voltage but the current was too low to do anything useful, maybe I should have swallowed the rocks !!!

I've actually built the antigravity foil kites.
    They work fairly well but require extremely high voltages. like 100kv or more.
    Fun for a while but unless it is very very large it cannot hold up any weight.

Now, Joseph Newmans machine is interesting. Of course he reminds me of a circus salesman or evangalist. If you can sit through his ramblings he's quite interesting..altho, really I have to question the machines ability.
    Even tho his machine is low voltage excited, I still have a problem believing
    that back-EMF is so great that it produces more energy than whats being introduced, I would have liked to be there to inspect the machine for authenticity. Inside and out. Also, His universal gyroscopic theory is a bit hard to swallow..tho he is right about the electromagnetic properties somewhat. I dont know about his universe gyroscope theory tho..hmmmm.
    Still, we all would like to be rich or at least get back all the money from years of research, unfortunately that is not possible..
    If I had something that was overunity , it would have been produced in quantity and sent out for others to use, forget the fame and fortune.
    especially if it underminds oil and petrol use. Then you would be famous, maybe not the way you'd like tho...
    Last edited by marconi; 10-30-2007 at 09:47. Reason: Madscientists cant type without misteaks
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I've wasted more than a couple hours reading through this stuff in the past, and I'd reccommend not repeating that mistake.. not to say something interesting won't come along with superconductors, etc in the future, but many of these guys experimenting with high voltage and pulses can't even tell the difference between energy, power, and work.

There's a lot out there that we don't understand, not because of the lack of brain-power, but just because it's not understood (yet)
    Check out the 'Coral Castle' in Fla.

Default Throwing my $0.02 cents in...

Have to say, though - sure, we're a weebit long in the tooth to actively persue the research and do the basement experimentation thing;however, I also think that the college kids would most certainly benefit from picking up where the others left off, and working on their own models to use, sell, trade, and pass along --not the Get Rich Fast/Fame and Fortune thing but the Slow Building Trend/ Change the Way Things are Done thing.

Just sayin'...

Meanwhile, if you do a weebit of research, you'll find that the CIA is highly interested in aspects of psychokenesis. For all the belief/nonbelief expressed...

Again, just sayin'...

Insofar as the Newman machine...what I wouldn't give, just to rip that thing apart and fiddle a bit inside lol

Ah, well.

Me, I merely found the show on the Science Channel curious, and did the typical geek thing - yanking this stuff up on the puter to check it out, some.

Had to throw my $0.02 in...love to read more on what you guys think on it.
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

Smile

I have the answer to madness.

It is anything 473nm it would seem......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

In 1907 -100 years ago, who would have thought that 2 mirrors put together with a bit of other stuff would produce a coherent beam of light.
    In another 100 years who knows what there'll be..