Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini Charlotte Meet n' Great - Cool!!

Wink

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I cant hang well either anymore--all niters--and +shots+ of tequila and a hell of a hangover the next day..shit, Stuka you just got out of the military.. I got out out in '77.. who's the geezer?? -heh-

Steve-O - you win the senior geezer award!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm honored.
    Sounds like a good time waz had by all

Thumbs down My blue laser died in Charlotte...

Sounds like a good time waz had by all
    Well, not quite. About 2 hours before the show started I was working on some frames for the show when my Lasever blue decided to shit the bed. Power output dropped to around 10 mw (measured at the output aperature). I was just sick... (Poor Randy didn't know what to say. Mostly I think he was trying to make me feel better, but I was seriously pissed.)

I ended up adjusting the color balance to compensate. So while the colors that were displayed on the wall behind the DJ looked OK, they were *really* dim. (Yeah, like 1/10th the power...)

I checked the laser again last night (actually pulled the cover on the projector and measured right at the laser head). I'm getting 13.5 mw after a 10 minute warm up. Only getting 5 mw on initial power up. *DAMNIT*!!!

This is the *second* time a Lasever Blue has crapped out on me in less than 6 months. The first one was making 120 mw right up until it took a nose dive - down to 40 mw, and then it kept falling 'till it was only making around 25 mw at the end.

David Vu sent me a replacement (the one I have now) back in June, and it was making 102 mw when I got it. And it continued to make 102 mw right up until this past weekend, when it, too, decided to take a nose dive. 13.5 mw! I don't believe it...

So it looks like I've got to tear my projector apart once again. (Sigh) I'm going to make sure that David understands that I don't care how big the replacement head is - I just don't want to have to do this ever again!

Adam

Aw, man I hate that for you. Looks like Lasever's reputation is back in the toilet...again..

Well, to be fair, when they replaced my other laser they sent me the same exact model. Since it's pretty clear now that all the trouble with blue lasers is confined to that same style of head, maybe I'll be OK once they send me a new one - providing that it's one of the new series heads.

But yeah, nothing makes you sick like realising your expensive blue laser just shit the bed - especially 2 hours before a show!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Aw, man I hate that for you. Looks like Lasever's reputation is back in the toilet...again..
    I would not say that. I have the old style blue 100mw and green 300mw with only a few hours on them and David has offered to exchange them for new ones before they die. That is great service.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Cool

Yeah, it does appear that Lasever has figured out the problem and they're working to correct the issue with all the folks that are affected. I haven't received a reply from David Wu yet, but it's only 6 AM in China right now, so he's probably just now getting out of bed!

I'll keep you all posted on the return process.

Adam

Well I'm just gettin back on since no web at work anymore (romour has it that we're gettin it back tho) and I was gonna say hehe-"shit the bed" Thats a good one Adam..
    So It's looking like the bigger style ones have the problem solved?
    Is there really a big price diff between the LE & CNI w/ a possible PL discount?