Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini Charlotte Meet n' Great - Cool!!

Default Mini Charlotte Meet n' Great - Cool!!

Hey folks -

I had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte, NC this weekend to see Dream Beamz in action at a Halloween dance bash, heavily assisted by the one and only Buffo!

This was my first "live" laser event since I started posting on PL early this summer. Great laser action, nice scenery (2-legged variety - made me feel old, LOL), and a lot of good info for this money-pit I managed to have been sucked into!

Thank-you both for a warm reception and a fun laser-geek evening!
    My only regret is I can't seem to "hang" at the club scene like I use to - I guess I'll just need to practice more ! (again, the wife is worried... )
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cool

Hi Randy!

Glad you had a good time. Yeah, that club had some, er, "interesting" patrons! (Did you happen to see the girl that was dressed up like supergirl? Yowsa!)

Sorry we didn't have more time for Q&A. Maybe next time. And as far as being able to hang - well, I drove home that night (morning?) after the show and absolutely crashed. (I got home at 8 am) I slept nearly all day Sunday - got up for a few hours to go shopping with my wife, then went back to bed and slept all night! Good thing I'm off today too, because I feel like taking a nap! (Damn I hate getting old...) I just can't pull the all-nighters like I used to.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make it on such short notice. Hopefully you'll be able to attend FLEM Mark II in Orlando (should be in late February; we're looking at the 23rd right now.) There won't be any scantily-clad women in attendance (at least, not that I know of), but there will be more lasers (and lots more laser geeks too!) Maybe by then you'll have your projector finished? Sure would be cool to see it run...

Ugh - another sign of getting old... I can still hear the bass pounding in my head. Even with ear plugs in it was loud at that show! I gotta admit though, I enjoyed every minute of it! Too bad you couldn't stay to the end - George managed an outstanding set. The guy really knows how to mix...

Adam

Some "scenic" pictures would be rather nice.

True -
    For the next event, I'll have to come up with a creative way to photograph the "lasers" without looking like a complete dirty old geezer
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I took videos. Adam should be posting those when he gets a moment

Cool

I'll try to get the videos up on the FTP server later this week. (Stuck at work for today and tomorrow though.) Saddly, there aren't too many good shots of the scantily-clad women in the crowd, but the lasers show up quite nicely!

I'm also about finished digitizing the footage from FLEM 1.5, so that will be online shortly as well. Still putting together the scanner review clips... (So much to do!) The scanner tuning video will have to wait until I get Aaron's footage.

Adam

So many lasers, so little time...
    RR

Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Damn !
    When I saw the title of this thread I was imagining that a vertically challenged lady had come to one of the meets (meet and great? - Shurely greet!).

Anyways.. not even a pic of a laser to console myself with......

It WAS great, but the title was supposed to be "Meet n' GREET".

Note to self -
    Proof read and spell check before posting

Photos next time - I promise!!
    RR

Sweet.....

uploading some pics and videos to the meet and greet folder of the ftp. it is under the folder MC'LEM. files should be there within the hour

Nothing but some crowd shots and some crowd videos and occasional beam videos. hehe. just kiddin Adam. Got your awesome laser show in there as well