Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: laser price list

Chinese don't like to publish theirs for some reason. It's just they way they are. But, I guess if they want to do business abroad they should get over it.

Sorry did not mean to cause a problem with anybody, i did not realise that prices for goods were so secret, personaly i would have thought if the prices were good and the reputation of the seller is good, the upside is you will get people buying the product, i cant understand what anyone has to lose by putting some prices upbut if i have offended some body i will take down the post.

i would take it down, but i dont know how to any ideas anybody

Cool

Leave it up, KAZ.

If the seller is too afraid to publish his prices in a public forum, then something is wrong. There is no need to have "secret" prices unless you're trying to segment the market and screw your customers in the process. (Tell Laserlight to Google "price discrimination" so he knows what I'm talking about.) If they have a problem with their prices being out in the open, well, that just lets me know that I don't ever need to consider buying from that company in the future.

Carmangary is right - lots of Chinese retailers are like this. But they've got to understand that business doesn't work like that in today's global marketplace. And if they can't get away from their 1950's marketing ideas, they'll get left behind. (Competition is a bitch; deal with it!)

Besides, it looks like Dave and Aijii over at LaserShowParts.com have got those prices beat hands down. Plus they have an outstanding track record for great customer service.

Adam

Thanks Adam, very true when you say adout Dave and Aijii over at LaserShowParts, i bought a cheap set of scanners from them, Dave kept me informed all the way to what was going on with shipping and advice about the scanners even though i did not spend that much i still got great customer sevice from the guys on the other side of the planet, and they dont hide there prices, theres know need to as there prices are good like the equipment they sell and the customer service is tops what more could you ask

Smile I can say my A B C

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Leave it up, KAZ.

If the seller is too afraid to publish his prices in a public forum, then something is wrong. There is no need to have "secret" prices unless you're trying to segment the market and screw your customers in the process. (Tell Laserlight to Google "price discrimination" so he knows what I'm talking about.) If they have a problem with their prices being out in the open, well, that just lets me know that I don't ever need to consider buying from that company in the future.

Carmangary is right - lots of Chinese retailers are like this. But they've got to understand that business doesn't work like that in today's global marketplace. And if they can't get away from their 1950's marketing ideas, they'll get left behind. (Competition is a bitch; deal with it!)

Besides, it looks like Dave and Aijii over at LaserShowParts.com have got those prices beat hands down. Plus they have an outstanding track record for great customer service.

Adam

Thanks to the open world, thanks to the globalized markets.

A. Not afraid, but now, globalized markets condition is wrong. The developing country cannot change their exchange rates smoothly, it is
    concerned by some senators with impatience in another developed countries, maybe they never went there to have a actual investigation. So,the past years, exchange rates is rising maybe every day, but the prices are based on years ago, could not be changed with exchange rates strictly, the sellers were considering of customers' costs. So , they could not confirm the prices' future when they are under the huge pressure.

B. About 1950's marketing ideas, we cannot feel that, except books. But, as I know, the guys here all want to do the better quality, improve the service,with reasonable prices, then creation, and innovation. They have been getting left behind others for more than 160 years. Now, they are developing and improving step by step.

C. We have no intention to be compared with others, we only want to do ourselves better and better. ,the member Kaz, has no authority to issue the pricelist on the public web, and maybe seller's components' cost will be changed about different type, so cannot confirm the laser with different accurate specifications has standard price just like a 340ml bottle of Coca Cola for everyone. Anybody has an updated or confirmed quotation one day, he should believe Kaz or the seller ?

Now you see, my A B C, please consider that.

Regards,
    Kevin , of the company

I'm not surprised that the company isn't happy with people posting pricelists on the internet. Especially for business-to-business and OEM-products, you just don't talk about prices in public. I don't want to have prices about my services and products on the internet.

Just my 2 cents ...

The real reason is that as soon as you publish a pricelist someone will come along and beat it. This is typical for low volume / high profit items.

Hi Guys, firstly I did not intend to offend anyone or cause anybody any problems the reason why I posted the price list is.

A/ this is a laser forum everything about lasers is talked about from the normal to the extreme. Myself and some of my friends who live near me spend thousands of pounds on laser equipment from all over the world, from simple optics to whole white light systems. Me personally I am just getting into scanning I knew nothing about scanning until some kind people here on PL gave me advice and hopefully will continue to do so. But lasers I do no a bit about having my first ruby laser at the age of 16 I have always been fascinated by it. Three of my friends thought that your prices Kevin were very reasonable and were considering purchasing a red green and blue from you so that they can build another system but having never purchased from yourself before I thought the best way to get some feed back about the lasers and prices would be to put the price list up and see if any body on PL have had dealings from your company before as my friends were going to spend approximately £1200 on the lasers alon,e now personally if I was about to spend that sort of money I would not go out and purchase anything without doing some kind of research first and this is one response I got back from DR LASER

Got 2 units from those guys. It was the time when I didn't even know that CNI exists. The red diode is still working fine except the PS that came with it will not do TTL doesn't mater what I tried so I replaced it with another one out of my dead diod. The green is dead. The claim was 300mw but in reality it made about 200mw of "visible green" (IR is not a color!!) Then in 3 months it degraded to about 30mw and then died. Also this unit made a very bad case of Jellybeaning. (Use search to find out what it is or ask "Bill of Pangolin")

The design is very similar to what CNI did 3+ years ago. But right now CNI is just on another planet. All edges are smoothed out. Everything is soo slick and smooth. And don't forget their return rate and life span which is almost 0 for returns and 10.000 hours of life.

Another company that have a dissent reputation is Viasho.
    Then there is a Lasever which despite all the trubles in the past is trying VERY hard to gain a good reputation. (Can't imaging how much it cost to replace all line of 180-200mw blue lasers.)

PS. Don't wanna sound like a CNI funboy but yes I'm. Simply the best that comes from China.!

PS. As a North American I don't buy in Euros. Cuz IMHO it's blown out of proportion currency!

Now even with that report from DR LASER, I was not to concerned as they say shit happens and you can get a bad laser from anywhere.

B/ If the price list that was given to me had private and confidential written all over it I would not have posted it on PL but if you take your time to search around the posts on PL you will see hundreds of prices, I done this not to annoy anybody but to give the rest of the people here on PL the opportunity to view the prices in fact if I thought that it would help you Kevin in trying to increase you sales I cannot think of a better place to try and sell a laser than on a dedicated forum where people buy sell trade lasers almost as a daily routine I think I can speak for most people here when I say we want the best equipment for the money as possible.
    And I think that most educated people would realise that the prices that you quoted will fluctuate due to currency going up and down .
    For example if I found a supplier of 250 mw 635 nm diodes that were going cheap in say Germany and that company quoted me a price I would let the guys here on PL know about it so they would purchase them and the company that gave me the price for the diodes when they see there sales increase do you honestly think that the company would get annoyed with me no they wouldn’t in fact if I kept that up they would probably hire me as there sales person or a representative.

C/
    I personally would like my services and products on the net its advertising some people spend a small fortune in advertising to increase there turnover its not my full time job but I have a lathe and I make small one off products for people and if they like what I see and the quality and price is right people come back to me for more so as a bit of free advertising which I have just done let me know if you guys want anything turned up on a lathe ( laser parts especially) let me know I would be happy to.
    Finally as I put in one of my first posts I do regret putting the price list up but obviously its to late now so Kevin I do apologise for any inconvenience caused it was not my intention at all.
    Best Regards Kaz

Kaz ..... i think you did well by putting the prices up ....

One of our biggest complaints on this site is sellers that come here and constantly spam the threads telling how good there kit is ...but refuse to tell us what the price is .....

i wont even deal with a company that cant give me a price straight off

anyway thanks and welcome to PL

all the best .... KArl